Using Thinkpad T22 to play DVds on TV

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 27, 2005 7:38:52 AM

I have been given a thinkpad T22 which will play DVDs.

What I would like to know is if is possible to connect thinkpad to TV
to play DVDs.

My Tv has s-video connection as well as 3 scart sockets as well as some
audio in sockets.

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to hook the whole
thing up. I tried two stores on high street who could not help.

Regards

S Fisher

More about : thinkpad t22 play dvds

March 27, 2005 12:34:45 PM

On 27 Mar 2005 03:38:52 -0800, "Steve F" <scfisher@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been given a thinkpad T22 which will play DVDs.
>
>What I would like to know is if is possible to connect thinkpad to TV
>to play DVDs.
>
>My Tv has s-video connection as well as 3 scart sockets as well as some
>audio in sockets.
>
>Can someone point me in the right direction of how to hook the whole
>thing up. I tried two stores on high street who could not help.
>
>Regards
>
>S Fisher

Refer to the thread that started about 3/23 in which the subject line
is "Play DVDs on TV". Capt. 'Wild' Bill Kelso explained to me how to
set up my T42.... I'm sure your T22 needs to be set up the same way.

If you don't already have one, you must get an S-Video cable.
Charlie Hoffpauir
March 28, 2005 2:09:25 PM

1.Chose type of connection (chinch or S-Video) to connect with TV.
2. Turn TV on this input.
3. Look at Your Screen Propertiesa of Your graphics Driver , look for
options like "clone" .
4. If you see film on laptop but not on TV (only shape of program window)
thn you have to find option named: "Primary display" , and change it on
TV/Analog Screen in your driver.

goodd luck :)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 3, 2005 5:31:36 AM

So i only need an s-video cable to connect laptop to TV?

That will carry pictures and sound?

Or do i need some cable to take sound from laptop (headphone socket?)
to one of audio in channels of TV?

Regards
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 3, 2005 10:37:36 AM

On 3 Apr 2005 00:31:36 -0800, "Steve F" <scfisher@gmail.com> wrote:

>So i only need an s-video cable to connect laptop to TV?
>
>That will carry pictures and sound?
>
>Or do i need some cable to take sound from laptop (headphone socket?)
>to one of audio in channels of TV?
>
>Regards

No, we were discussing only the picture. You need an audio connection
for the sound.
Charlie Hoffpauir