Monitor randomly goes black.

tmiller121

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
Hello, I've had the problem for the last few weeks of my monitor all of a sudden going black yet the computer still acts like it is on. I am not sure what is causing this as i've heard it could be a bad psu or bad video card to bad ram. I checked windows error reporting logs and every time this has happened i get a fault bucket type 0 and type 5 with 0
&#x000a. It also only seems to happen when im watching a youtube video? Any help would be great! Thanks.

tmiller121

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
Cpu- AMD athlon x3 Rana 445
HDD- Seagate 320gig 7200 rpm
Thermaltake 500watt PSU
RAM- 4 gigs Adata DDR3 gaming series
Motherboard- Asus M4a88T V Evo/USB3
Video- ATI Radeon 4250 intergrated with latest ATI drivers, i believe 11.2?

Did what you said I was using Firefox and now I switched to Chrome. Ill see if that fixes it.

tmiller121

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
How exactly do you do that? I've looked up the steps which all seem to say uninstall drivers, then boot into safe mode and run driversweeper. I've done this and I still couldn't install old ATI drivers specifically 11.1. Kept saying failure couldnt load driver detection.

skaz

Distinguished
When your screen goes black is your monitor receiving a video source? is the screen black but lit, or black like the monitor is off completely?

I had something similar happen to me but it was when i closed a game. Ended up being a bad hdmi cable I bought from amazons basic cable line.

3lvis

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008

Integrated graphics are notorious for failing. I recommend buying an inexpensive discrete videocard.

tmiller121

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
The HDMI cable is good as well as the VGA cable i used on a different monitor. I used another monitor and got the same results. Only seems to happen when i watch youtube. I'm starting to think its the newest ATI drivers. Ive tried uninstalling them but to no avail i just get failure to load driver detection even after deleting the old drivers and running driver sweeper.

tmill121

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Also rolled back the ATI drivers to 10.12 and still get the problem. Is it my PSU? I've checked everything and i'm really at a lose right now. Everything else works fine even gaming for hours and its fine. Just when i watch youtube videos it gives me a black screen. There is also no sound once this happens, but once again pc is still running.

tmiller121

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I really am too. I've tried everything. Ran Prime 95 and checked to see if RAM was okay and everything checked out. Ill try the chipset drives and check if bios isnt the problem. Honestly everything works except watching youtube vids and that is not a problem that im gonna fret over. Thanks for the help.

outjet

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hey there - a buddy of mine just called me - he's having the same problem with a completely different hardware configuration.

Did you ever get yours resolved?