Pod launching failure

chaos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2001

Hi!
Sometimes pod launching doesn't happen.
Playing Stormers I tried to move some troops with an assault pod. What
happened was that as I pushed the launch button and return to overview
screen, the troops were still at base! I repeated the operation with
the same result several times. I tried to move my people with a life
pod, and it worked.
Another example:
Playing feds. (FIRST TURN)I try to launch a native pod with about
250.000 natives and dock with a ship. I push the launch button and
return to overview screen, the natives are not at base (as it should
be) and there are 25 Mc less. I order the ship which is over the planet
to move to another planet. (SECOND TURN) The ship has gone. The pod is
no docked, the pod is not boosting, the pod is not in orbit... The
natives and the 25 Mc are at base.
More or less the same with a resupply pod with 19000 Ord and 800 fuel.
(FIRST TURN)I try to launch that pod. Failure: the ord and fuel are at
base. I try it again (several times). Success. I have a look at pending
orders, and it is there.(SECOND TURN) The ship has gone, the pod is
nowhere, and the ord and fuel are at base.

The funniest. (FIRST TURN)Try to lauch 300 supplies in a pod. Success.
(SECOND TURN) The pod doesn't appear. The supplies and 25 Mc are not at
base!! Where are they? (THIRD TURN) The pod with the 300 supplies
appears happily over the planet "-Where is my ship?Said the pod -Your
ship departured last turn!!"

I friend of mine have had the same problem many times playing EE.
It's very frustrating not to trust in something which should be very
simple: to launch a pod.
Greetings

The Client sends ALL of your pod orders to the host.
It does no logic/error checking with these orders.
The host tries to fill the orders.
If you do not have enough of an item inside the base
at the time that the pod is filled and launched by the host
during the host run then
this pod order goes unfilled. However any item assigned to this pod
remains in limbo inside the host pod fill order and waits til the
remaining items become available even if this process takes many
turns.
(I have used this to my advantage before. To steal from an enemy.
Works great.)
Then when full the pod does lauch with the orders you
gave it at that time. Delayed pods that launch after your ship
left are because of this. These unfilled pod orders are remembered
by the host from turn to turn because they do contain some of your
stuff already. You do not want to loose that stuff right? These
remembered
unfilled pod orders are not viewable from the client and once they
go unfilled their only exsistance is inside the host. You can never
cancel a pod order once the host runs as the client does not have
any way to do this nor to display these unfilled pod orders.

The client is not as good as it could be and if you do mess up
best to clear all of your orders and redo your pod orders before the
host runs. After is to late. Of course this means you have to realize
that you messed up before you send off your .trn file to the host.

The problem you have is of your own making. Granted the client
could and should prevent this with propper error checking.
But it does not. Nor do I think it ever will.