Fan Controller with ON/OFF option for Fan leds?

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Is there any fan controller available that allows one to switch off just the led light of the fan? I want to let the fan on while going off to sleep but switch the led of the fans off and then turn them back on later. Please help
Thank you!

Solution
D
I tell most people dont get led fans if you dont want them on all the time.. grab some led light bars or cold cathodes since they comes with a switch to turn them off.. much better idea.
D

Deleted member 362816

I have been looking around for the same thing for some time. Unless you buy fans with switchable leds you cannot.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

I haven't bought them yet, but I was going for the standard Cooler Master 90 CFM 120 mm blue leds or the silent si3 ones. These are the only ones that are available here the ON/OFF versions aren't available otherwise I would go for them.

D

Deleted member 362816

I tell most people dont get led fans if you dont want them on all the time.. grab some led light bars or cold cathodes since they comes with a switch to turn them off.. much better idea.

Solution

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

I like I like! :eek: :sol: :bounce: Now I'll just have to see if I can get them in India and how to install them. Otherwise whenever I build my rig I could ask one of my friends to send it down here.