3-way SLI motherboard for under $200 (intel)

handsomepants

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I'm looking to SLI 2 560 ti's and futureproof with an open slot for a third. Newegg and Amazon don't seem to have very good search options for what I'm looking for... Most of the motherboards that claim to have 3-way SLI have the second and third at x8, x4 etc., rather than x16. Unless I'm incorrect in assuming that I'll get the best performance out of all x16 slots?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen motherboards that meet these specs for this price before, but my search isn't turning up the MB with the specs I'm looking for. Any help is much appreciated!

handsomepants

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Oh wow, thanks so much, I totally thought the 560 supported 3-way SLI!

Thing is, my sister bought me an extra 560 for xmas, so I kind of want to put it to use, even in light of new tech coming up.

I think I'd still like a 3-way SLI capable card for the stated price. I may end up dumpin' the 560's with a friend and starting over with a better card down the road, so I'd still like a motherboard with the option. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

handsomepants

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I'd love to wait, but I already have 2 560's and no board that'll fit the second one, so...

Those boards are a bit pricey, so am I to understand there aren't any for under $200?

I already have an EVGA and a sparkle 560 ti, so looks like 3-way is out on the 560's for the time being...