Sign in with
Your question

Buying a new RIG!!! help

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 23, 2011 8:17:19 PM

guys i am thinking of buying a new system.basically i am a n00b . :o  :o  :sarcastic: 
but i am seriously into gaming.
i am new to this community.so....
have some doubts

1) confused over intel and amd for the CPU(thinking of any quad core processor).

2)is it that for intel it has to be nvidia and for amd it has to be ati graphic card.(explain plzz)(suggest some of them)

3)a suitable motherboard for the cpu(be it a mid range one).

4)what brand of RAM to be used and of what frequency.(also a mid range one)

5)what power options i have?

6)any extra cooling is required? because i am not into overclocking but may do it soon. :D 

7)any 23" hd display options?

also provide me with some specs so that i can make a choice.......
plzzzzzz.....

any help is appreciated....
thankz in advance... :hello: 

waiting for your reply......

More about : buying rig

May 23, 2011 8:22:07 PM

about 1200 to 1300 $
a b à CPUs
May 24, 2011 2:22:57 AM

sacmac007 said:
guys i am thinking of buying a new system.basically i am a n00b . :o  :o  :sarcastic: 
but i am seriously into gaming.
i am new to this community.so....
have some doubts

1) confused over intel and amd for the CPU(thinking of any quad core processor).

2)is it that for intel it has to be nvidia and for amd it has to be ati graphic card.(explain plzz)(suggest some of them)

3)a suitable motherboard for the cpu(be it a mid range one).

4)what brand of RAM to be used and of what frequency.(also a mid range one)

5)what power options i have?

6)any extra cooling is required? because i am not into overclocking but may do it soon. :D 

7)any 23" hd display options?

also provide me with some specs so that i can make a choice.......
plzzzzzz.....

any help is appreciated....
thankz in advance... :hello: 

waiting for your reply......

I'll answer the question corresponding to number:

1)Confused? Well I don't know what you are asking here. Intel and AMD are the two prime competitors in the CPU area.

2)I am not sure completely about this. What I do know for sure however is that an Intel CPU/Chipset/Socket WILL supprt both ATI and Nvidia in BOTH Single and SLI/Crossfire configurations. However about AMD, I am not sure what is supports, I know that AMD obviously supports single and Crossfire configurations for ATI but I am not sure about Nvidia, I'm guessing it supports a single configuration for nvidia, but not sure about SLI.

3)Depends on which manufacturer and socket CPU you get. Depends on requirements and budget also, more expensive motherboards tend to be better with overclock (supplying more consistent/stable power), have more RAM slots, more PCI slots, more slots in general...etc.

4)There are TONS of RAM manufacturers...it all depends on price at the time of purchase I guess. Top competitors is crucial, OCZ, corsair, kingston, G.Skill...etc. Frequency also depends, remember to consider latency also. Higher frequency Ram will tend to increase in latency also. If you choose from any of the top brands, which you can find out here on toms, you will be fine.

5)What do you mean by power options?...Power Supply?

6)If you are not-overclocking, the only cooling you will need is a decent case, just an exhuast fan, and a stock cooler for the CPU. <This is also varies, depends on the amount and type of hardware you have+the environment you are in. Ambient temperature has huge effect on hardware temperature. If you want to overclock hardware such as the RAM, CPU, GPU...etc, then you'll need a bigger case, more fans, preferably intake/exhuast fans, and most likely a proprietary CPU cooler(Larger heatsink, larger/faster fan) and thermal paste.

7)23'' Display? What do you mean, which brand/size monitor you want? Specify.
!