Hey guys, When i install windows before i install anything else no dr

louis vitton

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
dr debug error 05

Hey guys,

When i install windows before i install anything else no drivers or anything after the windows install is complete i attempt to shutdown my PC and it comes up with a dr debug error of 05 and stalls on the shutdown. When i attempt a restart after the windows install it shows a dr debug error of 02 hangs for a little then shuts down and restarts.

I did have windows working but sometimes when i would start the pc it would error and say it couldnt load the OS and try and do a system restore. This was after i updated windows itself. The windows is home prem windows 7 64 bit.

error ref.
0x05 – OEM initialization before microcode loading
0x02 – AP initialization before microcode loading

These appear on start up also.
0x32 – CPU post-memory initialization is started
0x60 – DXE Core is started
0x62 – Installation of the South Bridge Runtime Services
0x96 – PCI Bus Assign Resources
0x98 – Console input devices connect
0x99 – Super IO Initialization
0xA3 – IDE Enable

System specs
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB WD20EARX
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
Case: Antec P280
PSU: Corsair AX750 Gold Power Supply
ODD: Samsung SH-222AB SATA DVDRW Drive
CPU HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CO CPU Cooler
Intake Fans: 2x Gelid Silent 12

louis vitton

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I have installed windows several times and the issue remains the same. At first i didnt get it but i did get other issues which i believe are a result of the asrock motherboards bios.

It might not hurt to run a memory test if you have another computer download and burn memtest86 ISO from http://www.memtest86.com/ click free download and scroll down to Ver 4.0a - Windows (zip) ISO image for creating bootable CD. Burn it as an ISO file. Use it to boot and let it run and check all memory.

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
If safe mode does not work you should be able to install the correct drivers during the windows installation. You can always update the bios if you think that that may be a problem. You may also try temporarily going down to one stick of RAM. If it is at all memory related, that may help with the situation until you have a stable install.

louis vitton

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Thanks,

Step 1 - will be a BIOS update as i have read these boards have a terrible amount of BIOS issues.
Step 2 - will be taking ram back to 1 stick.
Step 3 - will be returning the board. If the memory is not the issue, which i believe is the case as i can boot windows fine just cant shut it down.

Update my BIOS is;

UEFI Version: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 P1.10

This seems to indicate to me that it is already updated to the latest BIOS, is it?

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Yes, it looks like 1.1 is the latest Bios http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme4%20Gen3&o=BIOS

On the newegg site feed back, one person said disabling the USB Legacy option in the bios fixed the problem.

Here is the guys whole review: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-265&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=legacy&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Pros: Good feature set for the price point. Gold caps. Probably comparable to other p67 boards.

Cons: This is my second ASRock motherboard, and like the 939dual-vsta, this one has it fair share of unique quirks.

My Logitech G15 keyboard does not play nicely with the UEFI BIOS. If USB Legacy Support is enabled then system fans stay on and Power LED remains lit after shutdown from Windows 7. Disabling USB Legacy Support fixes the shutdown issue but keyboard can no longer enter UEFI BIOS. Set USB Legacy Support to "UEFI Setup Only" to get around both issues. Attaching the keyboard via PS/2 adapter with USB Legacy Support disabled the G15 would not enter UEFI either.

There are some performance issues with Marvel SATA3 ports; and the Entron USB 3.0 chipset has issues with compatibility of devices and system stability. Google to read more.

Other Thoughts: 4 out of 5 stars, stable board with reasonable temperatures. Deduct 1 star for the quirks above. As with most setups, if you don't need the features, disable them in BIOS and save yourself headaches. If you don't have USB 3.0 capable devices, disable the USB 3.0 controller.

louis vitton

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

even after following these steps the shutdown jamming issue where dr debug displays 05 still remains. Overall i am thinking its time to return this board and ask for a new one to be installed. I would email asrock and ask them but tey are on holidays till the 29th. :(

louis vitton

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hey guys,

First off i would like to say thank you for you assistance in this issues and your time!

The Motherboard had a faulty chip set for the south bridge causing all the issues. I have replaced the board now under warranty and it works great!

Cheers again guys!