Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What is eyecandy?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:05:14 PM

I am not sure this is the right section, but I thought it would be the best one. I hear a lot about eyecandy, what is it?

More about : eyecandy

a c 271 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:07:30 PM

PhysX for one but you're not interested in that kind of thing and think it's a waste of money.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:09:58 PM

Oh, okay thank you. Would you like to start a discussion again? I would be more than happy to hear your thoughts and opinions on Nvidia vs. AMD.
Score
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:11:11 PM

And the point of that would be what exactly?
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:12:04 PM

I don't know. I thought you were trying to start something.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:19:06 PM

You're the one who made the statement :-
HostileDonut said:
Really, to be frank, nobody needs GPU accelerated physics. If you have a strong enough CPU you will be fine. I do think that anyone who buys an Nvidia card for Physx is making a mistake.

And then you start a thread asking "What is eyecandy?" which just goes to show that you really don't have a clue and have been talking out of your chocolate starfish all along. :pfff: 
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:22:19 PM

Seriously mousemonkey you need to take a long break from the forum. Your behaviour just isn't befitting of a moderator. I mean wtf memorising everything anybody says against your precious nVidia? You should get help.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:25:23 PM

eyefinity said:
Seriously mousemonkey you need to take a long break from the forum. Your behaviour just isn't befitting of a moderator. I mean wtf memorising everything anybody says against your precious nVidia? You should get help.

And you will be taking a break from the forum because I'm tired of your attitude.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:35:39 PM

People should be allowed to ask perfectly valid questions without a moderator harrassing them like this.
Score
a c 592 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:35:54 PM

Eyecandy in Mafia 2:

Score
December 20, 2010 8:45:37 PM

eyefinity said:
People should be allowed to ask perfectly valid questions without a moderator harrassing them like this.

i second this
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:48:47 PM

eyefinity said:

I do not understand why he shouldn't be harassed.

One minute, he's basically saying PhysX is pointless and anybody who is getting it is dumb. And the next, asking what PhysX and other "eyecandy" is.
Score
December 20, 2010 8:52:48 PM

alextheawesome said:

One minute, he's basically saying PhysX is pointless and anybody who is getting it is dumb. And the next, asking what PhysX and other "eyecandy" is.

Oh quit exaggerating so much.

He never called anyone dumb.
He never asked what PhysX was.

Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:54:30 PM

alextheawesome said:

Nobody said he shouldn't be harrassed. I said he should be able to say what he wants without being harrassed by a moderator.

If mousemonkey was a normal poster, he'd get slaughtered on this forum for his attitude.
Score
December 20, 2010 8:56:54 PM

eyefinity said:
Nobody said he shouldn't be harrassed. I said he should be able to say what he wants without being harrassed by a moderator.

If mousemonkey was a normal poster, he'd get slaughtered on this forum for his attitude.

I second this too.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 8:57:57 PM

Anybody got the link to that thread btw? I must have missed it.
Score
December 20, 2010 9:24:15 PM

amk09 said:
i second this

3RD
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 9:39:48 PM

Mousemonkey, I know what physx is, but I didn't know that eyecandy was another thing for it.
Score

Best solution

a c 216 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 9:51:01 PM

Eyecandy is an expression to mean it's visually pleasing. Generally it refers much better than average visual effects.

PhysX can be used to create eyecandy, so can a lot of other visual effects.

Crysis is a good example of what eyecandy is.

Ignore the MM's post. He seems to have a grudge against a lot of topics.
a c 216 U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 9:55:07 PM

Oh, and I've heard the term even used for other topics, like hot women :D 
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 10:07:45 PM

Thank you bystander.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2010 10:07:55 PM

Best answer selected by HostileDonut.
Score