Closed Solved

What is eyecandy?

I am not sure this is the right section, but I thought it would be the best one. I hear a lot about eyecandy, what is it?
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what eyecandy
  1. PhysX for one but you're not interested in that kind of thing and think it's a waste of money.
  2. Oh, okay thank you. Would you like to start a discussion again? I would be more than happy to hear your thoughts and opinions on Nvidia vs. AMD.
  3. And the point of that would be what exactly?
  4. I don't know. I thought you were trying to start something.
  5. You're the one who made the statement :-
    HostileDonut said:
    Really, to be frank, nobody needs GPU accelerated physics. If you have a strong enough CPU you will be fine. I do think that anyone who buys an Nvidia card for Physx is making a mistake.

And then you start a thread asking "What is eyecandy?" which just goes to show that you really don't have a clue and have been talking out of your chocolate starfish all along. :pfff:
  6. Seriously mousemonkey you need to take a long break from the forum. Your behaviour just isn't befitting of a moderator. I mean wtf memorising everything anybody says against your precious nVidia? You should get help.
  7. eyefinity said:
    Seriously mousemonkey you need to take a long break from the forum. Your behaviour just isn't befitting of a moderator. I mean wtf memorising everything anybody says against your precious nVidia? You should get help.

And you will be taking a break from the forum because I'm tired of your attitude.
  8. People should be allowed to ask perfectly valid questions without a moderator harrassing them like this.
  9. Eyecandy in Mafia 2:

10. eyefinity said:
    People should be allowed to ask perfectly valid questions without a moderator harrassing them like this.

i second this
  11. eyefinity said:
    People should be allowed to ask perfectly valid questions without a moderator harrassing them like this.

I do not understand why he shouldn't be harassed.

One minute, he's basically saying PhysX is pointless and anybody who is getting it is dumb. And the next, asking what PhysX and other "eyecandy" is.
  12. alextheawesome said:

One minute, he's basically saying PhysX is pointless and anybody who is getting it is dumb. And the next, asking what PhysX and other "eyecandy" is.

Oh quit exaggerating so much.

He never called anyone dumb.
    He never asked what PhysX was.
  13. alextheawesome said:

Nobody said he shouldn't be harrassed. I said he should be able to say what he wants without being harrassed by a moderator.

If mousemonkey was a normal poster, he'd get slaughtered on this forum for his attitude.
  14. eyefinity said:
    Nobody said he shouldn't be harrassed. I said he should be able to say what he wants without being harrassed by a moderator.

If mousemonkey was a normal poster, he'd get slaughtered on this forum for his attitude.

I second this too.
  15. Anybody got the link to that thread btw? I must have missed it.
  16. amk09 said:
    i second this

3RD
  17. Mousemonkey, I know what physx is, but I didn't know that eyecandy was another thing for it.
  18. Best answer
    Eyecandy is an expression to mean it's visually pleasing. Generally it refers much better than average visual effects.

PhysX can be used to create eyecandy, so can a lot of other visual effects.

Crysis is a good example of what eyecandy is.

Ignore the MM's post. He seems to have a grudge against a lot of topics.
  19. Oh, and I've heard the term even used for other topics, like hot women :D
  20. Thank you bystander.
  21. Best answer selected by HostileDonut.
  22. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics