ATI All In Wonder TV Compatible software

MCalca1706

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Is There any TV Capture Software that can replace ATI's AIW Multimedia TV Software? None of the later versions have a pause button so I'm stuck using old ATI drivers and software just to be able to edit video.
The ATI MMC Software is buggy as hell and often doesn't work

The Card is The ATI AIW X800 and I'm using MMC 9.06.
Other software I've tried either has no pause button or has some other problem like error messages or no sound.
Thank You
M. Calcagno

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your best bet would probably be to google drivers for your AIW X800 and see what different operating systems, drivers are available for it. For instance, if you're currently using Windows, look for Linux operating systems (and vice versa).

-Wolf sends

MCalca1706

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Wolf
Thank you for the reply and information. Excuse my ignorance in this matter. Are you saying that I could use Linux Drivers with Windows XP and that this might work with this Video Card? This sounds very risky, as far as system compatibility.

Thank You
Season's Greetings
M. Calcagno

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. What I'm saying is look for drivers that work with your AIW card. Those drivers are for a specific operating system (either Windows or some flavor of linux/unix). If drivers exist for a specific operating system, then more than likely, that card will work with that operating system. Research how others are utilizing the card with that operating system and see if it meets your user requirements (ability to pause without crashing). If so, then consider using that operating system (rather than Windows XP).

Sorry for the confusion.

-Wolf sends

MCalca1706

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Wolf
Thanks again for the information and clarification. I will look into this. What I really had hoped for was an XP compatible Video Capture software that would work with this card and has the ability to edit with a pause button. It's amazing how difficult this has been to find.

Thanks Again
Season's Greetings
M. Calcagno

TRENDING THREADS