How to send back GPU?

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I accidentally bought the 768 mb 460 instead of the 1 GB 460 from newegg. I will be getting that tomorrow. How do I go about sending it back to replace it? Will it cost me a restocking fee?

Solution
Why? It's not like the 768 MB version is incredibly weak. It's just a better deal to buy the 1 GB as the slight extra cost buys you a relatively large additional performance. There aren't really any games out there that you can't play with the 768 MB model that you could with the 1 GB model.

Besides, I'm not sure if you'll have to pay anything to return it. Even if you did, shipping and restocking wouldn't cost that much. I don't see spending $120 on another GPU as an alternative to paying the small fees. I'd probably just keep the 768 MB. I doubt you'll see a difference.

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010

should I just buy another Twin Frozr 768 mb 460 then?

Why? It's not like the 768 MB version is incredibly weak. It's just a better deal to buy the 1 GB as the slight extra cost buys you a relatively large additional performance. There aren't really any games out there that you can't play with the 768 MB model that you could with the 1 GB model.

Besides, I'm not sure if you'll have to pay anything to return it. Even if you did, shipping and restocking wouldn't cost that much. I don't see spending $120 on another GPU as an alternative to paying the small fees. I'd probably just keep the 768 MB. I doubt you'll see a difference.

Solution

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010

Im playing at 1920x1080 and If I want I can go 1920x1200 on my 23 inch monitor. I play WOW, Borderlands and other games. Would I be able to max settings out besides AA ? If I keep it, I will end up buying another 768 mb 460 next paycheck just in case.

You'll be fine. WoW isn't that intensive of a game. As for the others, you can always just turn the details down slightly if needed. I doubt you'd notice any difference. Again, the 1 GB model wouldn't drastically change how much power you have available. You'd still likely need to lower some of the details to get stable FPS at an acceptable rate.