XFX Radeon HD 5770 work with an Industry Standard 250W PSU at all?

The thread asks it all! :)
6 answers Last reply
More about radeon 5770 work industry standard 250w
  1. it really depends on the PSU 12V rail's Amperes and what else is connected to it.

Minimum 450 Watt Power Supply Requirement according to the manufacturer.
  2. there seems to be a lot of people asking about running 5770's from low powered PSU's. Here is the link yet again http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gts-450-gf106-radeon-hd-5750,2734-13.html that system is fairly minimal a core i7 with an ssd hard drive. Depending on your components the power draw may be different. Also the power draw across different rails is not covered. I wouldnt trust a 250w psu, it may run, but it may blow up too...Also when you say "industry standard" what does that even mean? what brand/model PSU is it exactly?
  3. There are some low-wattage Seasonic and FSP PSUs that are actually good for more than their labeled wattage, not that running that way for long is a particularly good idea (and I think they're 300W, which would be enough since the +12V rails are strong).
    Anything else though, I would not trust in the absence of a competent technical review (e.g. with load testing, waveform analysis, etc).
    Assuming the PSU is of even modest quality (e.g. not Bestec), you should have no trouble with a HD5670.
  4. Yeah, I saw that.
    I was just asking
  5. Not a chance, you'll need bigger PSU. :)
  6. My system at full load maxes at about 350 Watts (using a kill-a-watt) to measure.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon HD Graphics