Prison camps no longer viable 4 all races as source of inc..

Last response: in Video Games
May 10, 2005 11:02:49 AM

Does anyone TIM, know how to get prison camps to generate cash,
supplies or minerals these days. All my prisoners do is riot and not
produce anything. Have 6 prison bases, most of the time 1 of them
produces , but not guaranteed as this turn none of them produced
anything..even went backwards in colonists and cash due anti freindly
behaviour of prisoners..:)

As it stands, it would seem taking prisoners for labour camps and mines
is not viable due to the costs of so many prison camps and mines and
then they dont produce..and you cant try to let time go by for
favourable odds as the prisoners still die.

It would seem all races no longer will find prisoners useful except for
maybe the EE although they certainly need the cash from prisoners for
their expensive war machine and will not get it any more.

Any ideas???
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:39:08 PM

Gabor Törö wrote:
> Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at
the beginning when it should be 20%.
> As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad
blood is the number of killed colonists in ground combat. See
> Code below.
> Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners
of different players mix them in your camps and mines. This
> increases the "local" blood...
>
> Details:
>
> if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
> if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
> if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
> if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
> otherwhise rOdds is 0.80
>
> With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds
the following happens:

> If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing
else then dieing)

> Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

> Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

> Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of
colonists

> cash=cash - 10mc * camps
>
> So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and
mc left when the camp routines "go online".
> The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a
blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000 bases... :)

> > Does anyone TIM, know how to get prison camps to generate cash,
> > supplies or minerals these days. All my prisoners do is riot and
not
> > produce anything. Have 6 prison bases, most of the time 1 of them
> > produces , but not guaranteed as this turn none of them produced
> > anything..even went backwards in colonists and cash due anti
freindly
> > behaviour of prisoners..:)
> >
> > As it stands, it would seem taking prisoners for labour camps and
mines
> > is not viable due to the costs of so many prison camps and mines
and
> > then they dont produce..and you cant try to let time go by for
> > favourable odds as the prisoners still die.
> >
> > It would seem all races no longer will find prisoners useful except
for
> > maybe the EE although they certainly need the cash from prisoners
for
> > their expensive war machine and will not get it any more.
> >
> > Any ideas???

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:42:29 PM

Let's try this again. Are there any other factors that affect the
chance for a prison riot, such as the number of troops and highguard at
the base?

Thanks,
Ashran
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 8:14:31 PM

I have good experience with killing some of you enemies colonists in Ground
Combat. Send a pod with some prisoners to a neightbour planet. Build a base
with troops there and kill the enemy colonists rather then recapture them.
This way my labor mines to worked around 50% (or more) of the time as
Aczanny.

Greetings
Sebastian

"LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Does anyone TIM, know how to get prison camps to generate cash,
> supplies or minerals these days. All my prisoners do is riot and not
> produce anything. Have 6 prison bases, most of the time 1 of them
> produces , but not guaranteed as this turn none of them produced
> anything..even went backwards in colonists and cash due anti freindly
> behaviour of prisoners..:)
>
> As it stands, it would seem taking prisoners for labour camps and mines
> is not viable due to the costs of so many prison camps and mines and
> then they dont produce..and you cant try to let time go by for
> favourable odds as the prisoners still die.
>
> It would seem all races no longer will find prisoners useful except for
> maybe the EE although they certainly need the cash from prisoners for
> their expensive war machine and will not get it any more.
>
> Any ideas???

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 10:00:32 PM

Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at the beginning when it should be 20%.
As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad blood is the number of killed colonists in ground combat. See
Code below.
Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners of different players mix them in your camps and mines. This
increases the "local" blood...

Details:

if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
otherwhise rOdds is 0.80

With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds the following happens:

If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of colonists

cash=cash - 10mc * camps

So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and mc left when the camp routines "go online".
The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000 bases... :)

GFM GToeroe

"LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1115733769.350259.165880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Does anyone TIM, know how to get prison camps to generate cash,
> supplies or minerals these days. All my prisoners do is riot and not
> produce anything. Have 6 prison bases, most of the time 1 of them
> produces , but not guaranteed as this turn none of them produced
> anything..even went backwards in colonists and cash due anti freindly
> behaviour of prisoners..:)
>
> As it stands, it would seem taking prisoners for labour camps and mines
> is not viable due to the costs of so many prison camps and mines and
> then they dont produce..and you cant try to let time go by for
> favourable odds as the prisoners still die.
>
> It would seem all races no longer will find prisoners useful except for
> maybe the EE although they certainly need the cash from prisoners for
> their expensive war machine and will not get it any more.
>
> Any ideas???

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:32:46 AM

Gabor Törö schrieb:
> Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at the beginning when it should be 20%.
> As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad blood is the number of killed colonists in ground combat. See
> Code below.
> Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners of different players mix them in your camps and mines. This
> increases the "local" blood...
>
> Details:
>
> if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
> if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
> if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
> if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
> otherwhise rOdds is 0.80
>
> With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds the following happens:
>
> If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)
>
> Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

> Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

> Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of colonists

> cash=cash - 10mc * camps
>
> So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and mc left when the camp routines "go online".
> The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000 bases... :)
>
> GFM GToeroe

Must it be in GC to get blood or are there other ways to make more
blood, like boarding ships, destroy ships or Base from orbit or so ?

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 1:25:56 AM

At least in the camp code there are no HG-troop "police" lines...

<ashrangildowan@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1115746949.326065.313510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Let's try this again. Are there any other factors that affect the
> chance for a prison riot, such as the number of troops and highguard at
> the base?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashran

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:58:22 PM

I don't know. I only can say it for the GA. There are lines which store something like "who has killed how much colonists from
whom".

And maybe there is more in it as we think, as the words "good blood" and "bad blood" are used.

"nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42812137$0$29880$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...
> Gabor Törö schrieb:
> > Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at the beginning when it should be 20%.
> > As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad blood is the number of killed colonists in ground combat.
See
> > Code below.
> > Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners of different players mix them in your camps and mines.
This
> > increases the "local" blood...
> >
> > Details:
> >
> > if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
> > if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
> > if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
> > if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
> > otherwhise rOdds is 0.80
> >
> > With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds the following happens:
> >
> > If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)
> >
> > Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

> > Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

> > Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of colonists

> > cash=cash - 10mc * camps
> >
> > So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and mc left when the camp routines "go online".
> > The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000
bases... :)

> > GFM GToeroe
>
> Must it be in GC to get blood or are there other ways to make more
> blood, like boarding ships, destroy ships or Base from orbit or so ?
>
> Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 2:40:31 AM

The Reticulian Light Beam does not seem to produce bad blood. At least as I
used them as Aczanny I had 80% failture of my Labor Mines when I captured
prisoners only with this device.

Greetings
Sebastian

"nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Gabor Törö schrieb:
>> Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at the
>> beginning when it should be 20%.
>> As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad blood
>> is the number of killed colonists in ground combat. See
>> Code below.
>> Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners of
>> different players mix them in your camps and mines. This
>> increases the "local" blood...
>>
>> Details:
>>
>> if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
>> if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
>> if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
>> if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
>> otherwhise rOdds is 0.80
>>
>> With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds the
>> following happens:
>>
>> If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing
>> else then dieing)
>>
>> Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

>> Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

>> Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of colonists

>> cash=cash - 10mc * camps
>>
>> So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and mc
>> left when the camp routines "go online".
>> The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a
>> blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000 bases... :)
>>
>> GFM GToeroe
>
> Must it be in GC to get blood or are there other ways to make more blood,
> like boarding ships, destroy ships or Base from orbit or so ?
>
> Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 2:40:32 AM

Do I have to kill enemy colonist in ground combat ?

Or do I have to get my colonist killed in Ground combat ? or by the
prisonier on the same planet as labor camp ?

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> a écrit dans le message de news:
3ekhnlF3lsbcU1@news.dfncis.de...
> The Reticulian Light Beam does not seem to produce bad blood. At least as
> I used them as Aczanny I had 80% failture of my Labor Mines when I
> captured prisoners only with this device.
>
> Greetings
> Sebastian
>
> "nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Gabor Törö schrieb:
>>> Tim, chanched the bug where camps and mines work 80% of the time at the
>>> beginning when it should be 20%.
>>> As Sebastian says the more bad blood the better they work. And bad blood
>>> is the number of killed colonists in ground combat. See
>>> Code below.
>>> Another "trick" to improve the prisoner rate is if you have prisoners of
>>> different players mix them in your camps and mines. This
>>> increases the "local" blood...
>>>
>>> Details:
>>>
>>> if the local blood is greater than 100 then rOdds=0.15
>>> if the local blood is greater than 50 then rOdds=0.35
>>> if the local blood is greater than 10 then rOdds=0.45
>>> if the local blood is greater than 5 then rOdds=0.55
>>> otherwhise rOdds is 0.80
>>>
>>> With a chance of 1-rOdds the camps will work. With a chance of rOdds the
>>> following happens:
>>>
>>> If there are less than 20 prisoners -> rioting (prisoners do nothing
>>> else then dieing)
>>>
>>> Throwing coin! -> rioting (prisoners do nothing else then dieing)

>>> Throwing coin! -> -10% supplies

>>> Throwing coin! -> 0-5 happiness drop of colonists + -2% loss of
>>> colonists

>>> cash=cash - 10mc * camps
>>>
>>> So it should be a good idea to have not much colonists, supplies and mc
>>> left when the camp routines "go online".
>>> The question left is: How many colonists are to kill in gc to reach a
>>> blood level of 100? Well, I sim it with my 5000 bases... :)
>>>
>>> GFM GToeroe
>>
>> Must it be in GC to get blood or are there other ways to make more blood,
>> like boarding ships, destroy ships or Base from orbit or so ?
>>
>> Bye-Bye JoSch.

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 3:25:52 AM

Do you read what I and others wrote? If not read it. The answer is written
in the topic.

Greetings
Sebastian

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Do I have to kill enemy colonist in ground combat ?
>
> Or do I have to get my colonist killed in Ground combat ? or by the
> prisonier on the same planet as labor camp ?
>
> "Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3ekhnlF3lsbcU1@news.dfncis.de...
>> The Reticulian Light Beam does not seem to produce bad blood. At least as
>> I used them as Aczanny I had 80% failture of my Labor Mines when I
>> captured prisoners only with this device.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Sebastian
>>
>> "nospam" <j_schwarze_@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> Must it be in GC to get blood or are there other ways to make more
>>> blood, like boarding ships, destroy ships or Base from orbit or so ?
>>>
>>> Bye-Bye JoSch.

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 3:25:53 AM

I read it, and I'm not sure if the killing colonist is mine or my enemy or
work on both

but THANKS

So I ask again

Do I have to kill enemy colonist in ground combat ?

>> Or do I have to get my colonist killed in Ground combat ? or by the
>> prisonier on the same planet as labor camp ?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:15:19 PM

To make it as safe as possible:

These are the lines in question in camp code
______________________________________
vP = (meBaseT.pNum - 1) * 30 + i
vBlood = vBlood + g_Blood(vP)
_____________________________________

Here VP is the bad (or good who knmows?) blood "adress" for player "meBaseT.pNum - 1" hurts player "i"
For example you are player 1 and he is player 10. Then VP=9*30+10=280

This are an example of the lines in question in GA code:
_______________________________________

vP = (baseA(z).pNum - 1) * 30 + baseA(k).pNum

CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] = CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] + d / 100

__________________________________

z is the attacker and k the defender, d has to do with the killed colonists of k. If now player 1 kills colonists of player 10
then this results will be added to the value at "adress" 280.

So I would say you must kill colonists of the player whose prisoner you have to increase the chances for your camps to work.

Now better?

GFM GToeroe

"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:rNdhe.49073$B82.1444675@news20.bellglobal.com...
> I read it, and I'm not sure if the killing colonist is mine or my enemy or
> work on both
>
> but THANKS
>
> So I ask again
>
> Do I have to kill enemy colonist in ground combat ?
> >>
> >> Or do I have to get my colonist killed in Ground combat ? or by the
> >> prisonier on the same planet as labor camp ?

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:15:20 PM

"So I would say you must kill colonists of the player whose prisoner you
have to increase the chances for your camps to work."

Millions Thanks !!!

Now it's crystal clear.

:)
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 5:56:46 AM

One last thing. If I'm reading the code right, you get one point of
bad blood for every 100 enemy colonists your troops kill. And thus it
would only require killing 10,000 enemy colonists to get a bad blood of
100. Is this correct? That sounds too easy.

Thanks,
Ashran
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:04:50 PM

Well, I don't know what happens with CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] on its way to g_Blood(vP)...
So more than qualitative statements are not possible for me.

GFM GToeroe

<ashrangildowan@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1116320206.713815.281130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> One last thing. If I'm reading the code right, you get one point of
> bad blood for every 100 enemy colonists your troops kill. And thus it
> would only require killing 10,000 enemy colonists to get a bad blood of
> 100. Is this correct? That sounds too easy.
>
> Thanks,
> Ashran

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 2:41:28 AM

Sub Blood()
DIM i As Long
DIM k As Long
Dim v As Long

For i = 1 To 30
'PrintOut "*********** Cut Rating: Player:: " & Str$(i) & "
*********************"
For k = 1 To 30
'Printout Str$(k) & " // " & Str$(CBAT.@cutPTR[(((i - 1) * 30)
+ k) - 1])
'Printout Str$(k) & " ///** " & Str$(CBAT.@cut2PTR[(((i - 1) *
30) + k) - 1])

v = 0
Select Case CBAT.@cutPTR[(((i - 1) * 30) + k) - 1]
Case 10000 To 20000
v = v + 2
Case 20001 To 40000
v = v + 6
Case 40001 To 100000
v = v + 12
Case 100001 To 2000000000
v = v + 20
End Select

Select Case CBAT.@cut2PTR[(((i - 1) * 30) + k) - 1]
Case 1000 To 2000
v = v + 2
Case 2001 To 4000
v = v + 6
Case 4001 To 10000
v = v + 12
Case 10001 To 2000000000
v = v + 20
End Select

v = v + CBAT.@bloodPTR[(((i - 1) * 30) + k) - 1]

v = v - 1

If v > 200 Then v = 200

If v < 0 Then v = 0

CBAT.@bloodPTR[(((i - 1) * 30) + k) - 1] = v

'Printout Str$(k) & " ///BLOOD*** " & Str$(CBAT.@bloodPTR[(((i
- 1) * 30) + k) - 1])

Next k
Next i
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 2:44:23 AM

You get CUT points for damaging enemy ship hulls

You get CUT 2 points for killing enemy colonists.

Tim
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 6:56:43 AM

Thanks TIM,

How many killed colonists do you need to kill to get max blood ?

How many damage do you need on enemy hull to reach max blood ?

is each 1% hull damage equal ?

could you answer in plain english, I don't understand code.
or english math abreviation (I'm not a programmer, and my studies in math
has been done in french)

when players give complexe formula it's like chinese for me.

Also to be fair to all players.

When we have prisonier from race X, we should get a message from host giving
our current blood point, and how much it has changed from last round.

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1116740663.615878.40450@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> You get CUT points for damaging enemy ship hulls
>
> You get CUT 2 points for killing enemy colonists.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 1:07:19 PM

If you kill one or two enemy ships you get 2 bad blood points, if you
kill 4 to 10 enemy ships you get 12 bad blood points. If you kill more
than 10 ships you get 20 bad blood points, which is the maximum you can
get in a single turn from ship killing.

If you kill 1 million enemy colonists on the ground in a single turn
you will get 20 bad blood points for the turn, this is the max for
colonist killing.

If you kill 10 or more ships and 1 million colonists on the ground you
will get 40 bad blood points for the turn.

You max out with 200 points and loose 1 point per turn.

Tim
May 22, 2005 5:31:16 PM

Nameless wrote:
> And last but not least whether the code you did put up in a previous
> post is correct or not, does mainly depend on the 2 methods
> (CBAT.@cutPTR and CBAT.@cut2PTR) not put up in it.
> And then considering the code you did put up I doubt that it need to
be
> 1 million and 1 (!) colonists for an increase of 20, somehow I do get
> the impression that 100001 colonists are enough (or 10001 depending
on
> whether the first or second select part are connected with the
> Colonists).

Since cut2 is supposed to give the Colonists damage it is either 10001
colonists or 1000100 colonists (if value is given in hundreds of
Colonists) for an increase of 20 points.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 6:34:45 PM

When we have prisonier from race X, we should get a message from host giving
our current blood point, and how much it has changed from last round.

Million thanks, for response in plain english. This should go in the help
file.

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1116778039.581249.236510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> If you kill one or two enemy ships you get 2 bad blood points, if you
> kill 4 to 10 enemy ships you get 12 bad blood points. If you kill more
> than 10 ships you get 20 bad blood points, which is the maximum you can
> get in a single turn from ship killing.
>
> If you kill 1 million enemy colonists on the ground in a single turn
> you will get 20 bad blood points for the turn, this is the max for
> colonist killing.
>
> If you kill 10 or more ships and 1 million colonists on the ground you
> will get 40 bad blood points for the turn.
>
> You max out with 200 points and loose 1 point per turn.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 11:31:29 PM

Yes, this now seems very hard to find a useful reason for getting
prisoners...except by arrangement with a NAP player.

As I'm finding, its not worth taking the prisoners when u need to kill
them to make them useful and same for the ships. Only if u must do u
attack else can b a waste of resources as u still may not get them back
from the prisoners anyway...and I'm playing as the EE with the 4 times
cash prisoners...and am against the Crystals presently.

I kill the occasional ship when I can get thru the mines to get them,
maybe 1 a turn and also every other turn or 2 get to a base to capture
tho now I have to kill the colonists. ***But if the bad blood decreases
per turn as well***...explains why I am getting nothing..nothing from
all my prison bases except dieing prisoners....whats the point..Hows EE
meant to get cash now???

Only way I can do it I c is to rig it and re-launch the prisoners to a
planet of their own and let them grow, kill and capture them etc...I'm
going to need some rr prisoner farming planets so to speak????
Only problem is if the player has quite the game then the prisoner farm
will vanish...so this cant work 2 well either...so why take prisoners??
Just how is any other race meant to find prisoners worth taking??

Cheers.
ps. It states EE needs to do the prisoner thing to kick start their
economy and essentially keep it going but this now seems like too far.
Yes have prisoner camps riot more often but not based on bad blood.
Or if must, dont reduce bad blood per turn....please...

Nameless wrote:
> Nameless wrote:
> > And last but not least whether the code you did put up in a
previous
> > post is correct or not, does mainly depend on the 2 methods
> > (CBAT.@cutPTR and CBAT.@cut2PTR) not put up in it.
> > And then considering the code you did put up I doubt that it need
> be
> > 1 million and 1 (!) colonists for an increase of 20, somehow I do
get
> > the impression that 100001 colonists are enough (or 10001 depending
> on
> > whether the first or second select part are connected with the
> > Colonists).
> >

> Since cut2 is supposed to give the Colonists damage it is either
10001
> colonists or 1000100 colonists (if value is given in hundreds of
> Colonists) for an increase of 20 points.
May 23, 2005 3:54:35 PM

Gabor Törö wrote:
> So the EE invest in say 10001 battle bots (50.005mc) then he gets 20
bad blood >per turn. After 6 turns the bad blodd is at 114.

He would actualy invest in enough crawlers (EE T2) and not directly in
battlebots.

> Should be changed, shouldn't it?

This type of change (and I mean the whole bad blood thing) should not
have been enacted in the first place, especially not in the way it was
done...

> And apart from this: As one see above the best rate one gets at 2001
battle >bots.

This honestly does not matter - as most battle bots are probably free -
as are some Cent Hoovercrafts...

> BTW: No guarantee for correct calculation.

Well in this case a 100% correct calculation is not necessary it only
matters that the estimate is good enough (and it is).
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:09:11 AM

Hi, Tim!

Could you have a look at the code lines for blood in GA?

'// Attack and Run home // Crush Kill Destory // Capture !!! //

'// Mech -> Base_Colonist //

If fgLizK = 1 Then
colonistHome(k) = colonistHome(k) - mechAcount(z,i) * (CDBL(mechA(z,i).aTroop)) * RND * rHGFactorK * .2 * rAB(z)

Else

colonistHome(k) = colonistHome(k) - mechAcount(z,i) * (CDBL(mechA(z,i).aTroop)) * RND * rHGFactorK * .2 * rAB(z) * 500

If fgKRush = 1 Then

colonistHome(k) = colonistHome(k) - mechAcount(z,i) * (CDBL(mechA(z,i).aTroop)) * RND * rHGFactorK * .2 * rAB(z) * 500

vP = (baseA(z).pNum - 1) * 30 + baseA(k).pNum

CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] = CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] + mechAcount(z,i)

EXAMPLE: (Capture!)

EE and Lizard have decide to feed EE camps with Lizards.

<Killed Lizards> = Battlebots * 1 * <RND> * 0.5 * .2 = 0.05 * BattleBots

"Raw bad blood"= Battlebots

So the "Raw bad blood" per killed Lizard is 20

And the kills needed for one bad blood are 0.05

If it are not the Lizards then the values should be 0.04 raw bad blood per kill respectively 25 kills per raw bad blood.
Dangerous here are not only the quantities but the binding only to the number of mechs.

'// Troops -> Base_Colonist

'printout "***Mark 19zd"

IF troopAcount(z) > 0 THEN

IF colonistHome(k) > 0 THEN

d = troopAcount(z) * (CDBL(raceA(z).combatTroop) / 100) * rAB(z) + (troopAcount(z)) * (CDBL(raceA(z).forcedark) / 100)

If fgLizZ = 1 Then d = d * 30

If fgLizK = 1 Then d = d / 2

If fgKRush = 1 Then d = d * 4

If modeSwitch = 5 Then

d = d * .2

End If

IF d > 0 THEN

d2 = colonistHome(k)

v = (d * rHGFactorK * RND)

If v > d2 Then v = d2

d2 = d2 - v

vP = (baseA(z).pNum - 1) * 30 + baseA(k).pNum

CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] = CBAT.@cut2PTR[vP - 1] + v / 100

EXAMPLE:

Same case. But the EE tries to make it with troops. As now the bad blood is directly binded to the kills

here 100 kills are needed for one bad blood and the raw bad blood per kill is 0.01

But more serious than this seems to be the possibility to get the full bad blood for every battle bot even if only one colonists
is killed. It just has to be an sufficient number of battle bots:

(And EE should take the colonists from the other personnel as they destroy the battle bots)

[...]

This costed 6 enemy colonists. After that a base with one battle bot and a few enemy colonists are enough to hold the bad blood
above 100.

And the EE have camps which working in 17 of 20 turns.

Should be changed, shouldn't it?

And apart from this: As one see above the best rate one gets at 2001 battle bots.

GFM GToeroe

BTW: No guarantee for correct calculation. Don't blame me but say some nice words. I wrote it like it come into my mind a few
minutes ago.

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1116778039.581249.236510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> If you kill one or two enemy ships you get 2 bad blood points, if you
> kill 4 to 10 enemy ships you get 12 bad blood points. If you kill more
> than 10 ships you get 20 bad blood points, which is the maximum you can
> get in a single turn from ship killing.
>
> If you kill 1 million enemy colonists on the ground in a single turn
> you will get 20 bad blood points for the turn, this is the max for
> colonist killing.
>
> If you kill 10 or more ships and 1 million colonists on the ground you
> will get 40 bad blood points for the turn.
>
> You max out with 200 points and loose 1 point per turn.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:31:11 AM

"cocomax" <cocomax@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1116778039.581249.236510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> If you kill more
> than 10 ships you get 20 bad blood points, which is the maximum you can

Because one destroyed ship always gives 1000 "raw" points?

Or because you assume 1000kT destroyed mean mass per turn? Or 1000 destroyed mean mc? Or...?

GFM GToeroe

BTW: The whole bad blood system could be binded to the destroyed value expressed in MCs on a level where the benefits (increased
output via increased camp working rates) for the destroyed ships and colonists are less than the losses of the victim. Also
killing 1.000.000 colonists at a time where this are 50% compared to a time where it would be 5% should also been reflected in
the amount of bad blood. Also killing my Outriders at the beginning is different from killing them at turn 30.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:42:06 PM

> Yes, this now seems very hard to find a useful reason for getting
> prisoners...except by arrangement with a NAP player.
>
> As I'm finding, its not worth taking the prisoners when u need to kill
> them to make them useful and same for the ships. Only if u must do u
> attack else can b a waste of resources as u still may not get them back
> from the prisoners anyway...and I'm playing as the EE with the 4 times
> cash prisoners...and am against the Crystals presently.

You need not kill all of them. a max of 10% what you´ve captured work well.
Make it that you kill about 50 000 enemy colonists per turn (with
personell). that will work well (using high numbers of Ground Units seems to
be yust better). And that isn´t so much as one normally captures some
millions of them. Yust wait, I think soon here will someone demonstrate how
to optimize the cash out of labor mine/caps.
And don´t make prisoner-farming-worlds.

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:20:08 AM

Sebastian <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> writes

>Make it that you kill about 50 000 enemy colonists per turn (with
>personell). that will work well

Ah, right. So don't play prisoner-taking races in games where you do not
expect to capture huge numbers. Ie, they are not suitable for low
population games.
--
Paul Honigmann
!