My Digital Photos: Opinions Please

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 4, 2005 3:36:39 PM

Hi All-
I've created a website that has some of my digital photos on it.

The site is http://www.cabezonstudios.com

It's not a really a studio... just the name I came up with to house the
site. Anyway, I wanted to invite anyone who would like to see my work
so i may get some feedback.. be it bad or good!

Take Care
February 4, 2005 6:28:38 PM

Those are nice photos but it loads way too slow to enjoy set up that
way. You need to make reduced thumbnails, not the full 125K images.

jfisher@eventlogik.com wrote:

> Hi All-
> I've created a website that has some of my digital photos on it.
>
> The site is http://www.cabezonstudios.com
>
> It's not a really a studio... just the name I came up with to house the
> site. Anyway, I wanted to invite anyone who would like to see my work
> so i may get some feedback.. be it bad or good!
>
> Take Care

February 5, 2005 5:04:56 AM

Get a better hosting company. I'm capable of at least 600K/sec downloads and
your site loads very slow. Unless it's just a slow link some where, but I
did try it from two differnet networks. Both load slow. Looks good though.

<jfisher@eventlogik.com> wrote in message
> Hi All-
> I've created a website that has some of my digital photos on it.
>
> The site is http://www.cabezonstudios.com
>
> It's not a really a studio... just the name I came up with to house the
> site. Anyway, I wanted to invite anyone who would like to see my work
> so i may get some feedback.. be it bad or good!
>
> Take Care

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 2:25:47 PM

xman@theripper.com wrote:
> Get a better hosting company. I'm capable of at least 600K/sec
> downloads and your site loads very slow. Unless it's just a slow link
> some where, but I did try it from two differnet networks. Both load
> slow. Looks good though.
> <jfisher@eventlogik.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All-
>> I've created a website that has some of my digital photos on it.
>>
>> The site is http://www.cabezonstudios.com
>>
>> It's not a really a studio... just the name I came up with to house
>> the site. Anyway, I wanted to invite anyone who would like to see my
>> work so i may get some feedback.. be it bad or good!

If you look at the properties of the minuscule thumbnails on the folder
backgrounds, you'll see they are the original images constrained to that
tiny size by html code. That means for any of the thumbnails to show its
face, the entire original image must be downloaded. That means that on a
page like the "gallery main folder" all 23 images will download before
it's all over, unless the viewer leaves the field.

That means there is faster access from thumbnail to image, since they
are all already in cache; however, if the visitor is on dial-up, s/he
probably won't have stayed around to see ...

It ain't easy, the first time, but with the aid of something like
IrfanView the little tiny thumbnails can be batched into existence and
treated just like any other image, uploaded and linked into place at
their diminutive file size.

Your photographs show a very careful eye. Keep up the good work.

--
Frank ess
"There are some aspects of existence that simply do not yield to