Christmas Gift - Need Help

Hi Everyone,

So heres my problem,

My parents speak mainly chinese, and enjoy watching chinese videos on their computer at home. I want to build them a small form factor computer using some old computer parts that I have so they can watch their videos on their 52 inch tv while they are in bed.

I was wondering what video card should I get that would allow them to watch their videos with the same clarity on their 52 inch as if they were using their computer monitor. I was looking at the gtx 460 because it comes with an HDMI output, but I am not sure if it can handle such a large screen.

Got any ideas?

Also, here are the cpu and ram specs if the build im planning to do, I was wondering if you guys think its good enough to simply play videos off the internet and an external hard drive.

Athlon II x2 260
4 gigs ddr2 memory

THANKS !

- Tank
7 answers Last reply
More about christmas gift help
  1. For streaming videos, the GTX460 1gb should be MORE than enough. Make sure it is the 1gb assuming that you are running the TV @ 1920x1080. For surfing the web that build should cut it. ;)

Merry Christmas!
  2. For streaming videos, a HD 5670 is more than enough and also a lot cheaper.
  3. so assuming that I run a gtx 460 or even a 5770, will the picture be clear on a 52 inch tv?
  4. Why will you want to get a HD 5770 or GTX 460? Do your parents play games? What will they do with a gaming card?
  5. Speaking of image clarity, what is the video source? Blu-Ray movies, DVDs, ...?
  6. If your parents want to watch movies, a hd5670 would do just fine. If you are worried about the hd5670, get a hd4850.
  7. 5670 is more than enough,you could even go as low as the 5570 and still have crisp detail in 1080p.

What is your current Power Supply?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Video Graphics