Intel Atom D525/w/Ion VS Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroman9

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
Hello All,

I'm amazed to see noone has asked this simple question yet. It astounds me that such a big discrepancy can exist and yet, noone questions it. Here goes:

Why are there no benchmarks displaying the difference between the new GPU architecture Tegra 2 dual core mobile chips and the old x86 architecture Atom Dual core mobile (with Ion GPU accel)? Can someone put some comparison charts together here on Tom's Hardware?

I understand the power consumption is lower in Tegra 2. I understand it is based on Nvidia and ARM processors (which are, again, more efficient). I understand everything but the actual statistics - which have failed to materialise, despite aggressive publicity and sales launches. I'd like to know what I'm buying!

One more thing, I think I speak for most CPU enthusiasts when I say I'm excited about the possibilities of Tegra 2 - I just need some more info. The concept of high end graphics assisting the running of an ultra portable tablet - and running games and HD video. The problem is, I'm a bit cynical (for good reason!) and x86 CAN deliver these specs (albeit at a high price and power consumption) I'm just interested to see if the Tegra 2 can do it at all!

Thanks for your time reading and answering my question.

Electroman9

Status
Not open for further replies.