How can I safely transport a PC.

wheelzz

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,
I am just posting to ask a quick question about my build i will most likely be doing soon.

I life at two separete homes (mom& then my dads) and was wondering what a safe way to transport my new PC by vehicle back and forth every 7 or so days is.

If you can please include links on where to buy suggested items if there are any.

Thank You :wahoo:

Solution
I assume this is a desktop?

If it's gonna be bounced around a lot, the best bet would be to remove the HSF and and large GPU's each time before you transport.

This is kinda awkward for every week though.

one possibility is to use expanding foam to protect the components, cost does add up though ~$3 per foam thing. Don't really wanna reuse old one either since it'll no longer be form fitting after you remove.

http://www.uline.com/BL_7701/Instapak-Quickreg

Alternative is to get an all in one CPU cooler such as a H50 and just disconnect the GPU each time you move. This is a lot easier since you don't have to redo thermal paste once a week.

banthracis

Distinguished
I assume this is a desktop?

If it's gonna be bounced around a lot, the best bet would be to remove the HSF and and large GPU's each time before you transport.

This is kinda awkward for every week though.

one possibility is to use expanding foam to protect the components, cost does add up though ~$3 per foam thing. Don't really wanna reuse old one either since it'll no longer be form fitting after you remove.

http://www.uline.com/BL_7701/Instapak-Quickreg

Alternative is to get an all in one CPU cooler such as a H50 and just disconnect the GPU each time you move. This is a lot easier since you don't have to redo thermal paste once a week.

Solution

motzjr

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Tell dad your only coming to his house if he buys you the parts for another build!
Just having a little fun, I remember doing the same thing when I was young, minus bringing a computer back and forth.

TRENDING THREADS