anglingPC

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
BIOS froze when making changes so I had no alternative but to turn PC off, then it would not start and black screen.
Monitor hp w1907 I was troubleshooting it since it was giving me problems prior to this by going blank.

Then it comes down to a failed component. To rule-out:

1. RAM boot with (1) stick; failure try another ; failure:
2. Remove the GPU and if possible use an iGPU (onboard video). You can also boot without a GPU and 'sense' (sound and looking at components) if the PC can boot. Otherwise try a different GPU ; failure:
3. Try a different and minimally sized PSU for your PC. Choices: (a) from another PC or (b) local store offering an open box or with a good/acceptable return policy ; failure:
4. Disconnect ALL peripherals including Mouse, Keyboard, HDD and DVD, and all USB devices and USB headers connected to the MOBO ; failure:

Now it get complex, the failure rates for MOBO 80% and CPU 20%. A local PC shop can diagnose the problem substituting parts to determine the failed component(s).

anglingPC

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I didn't mention that it is an integrated video. Which brings another question.
If I install a new video card since the integrated video may be dead, then how do
I access BIOS to change it to disable on board video to recognize new video card.

thanks for your help , still troubleshooting.

anglingPC

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Thanks...I hope so too that new video card will work and mobo is fine. My concern is if it does work, then will it disable my onboard video so I can access BIOS.
It should disable from clarkjd's post. If the video card doesn't work at least I will know that mobo is bad, correct?

Your BIOS 'may' have a setting 'Onboard Video -> Disable', but if it does not then look for 'Onboard Video Memory -> set to lowest MB value' and in the Device Manager look for Display Adapter [+] 'whatever your onboard VGA 'is' / right-click and Disable ** Warning don't accidentally Disable your 'NEW' GPU!!!

Let us know! :)

TRENDING THREADS