Need new motherboard for swtor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi2uall

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
well heres the plan lol... im going to buy a new motherboard, new graphics card, and prob new ram...
any1 know products for all three that will intermix with these compatiblies after i upgrade?

im running ddr2 now with this motherboard-
•ASUS: IPIBL-LB
•HP: Benicia-GL8E

this is my processor-
•Core 2 Duo E7300 (W) (2.66GHz /1066 MHz) 2 MB L2 cache; Dual Core (65W)

im running ddr2 3gigs atm with a -
•GeForce 9300 GE (256 MB) with PCI Express x1 TV tuner card (includes remote control & receiver, expansion card, external IR receiver and IR emitter cable)

Solution
Oem systems with original windows installations will require a new windows coa unless you've already upgraded to windows 7. I would just get a better power supply, such as antec or corsair, and a better video card for now. You'll need at least $500 for an Intel upgrade when you have the money. Ivy bridge is almost here. I would list your games for a video card recommendation.
Oem systems with original windows installations will require a new windows coa unless you've already upgraded to windows 7. I would just get a better power supply, such as antec or corsair, and a better video card for now. You'll need at least $500 for an Intel upgrade when you have the money. Ivy bridge is almost here. I would list your games for a video card recommendation.

Solution

hi2uall

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
ok thank you oldie for the advice. ill try that.

will upgrading my power supply and a new card help my game "swtor"?

this is prob the only game ill be playing until possibly GW2 and then in the far future "titan"... unless any other games like wow come out

I'm not a gamer, so I can't comment about your game but I've seen alot of posts about piecemeal upgrades to recommend against them. You may actually be better off selling off your original hp system and windows installation and transferring your new video card and power supply to a new build when you have the money saved. If you decide to do this, be sure to create a backup dvd of windows so you can wipe the drive and do a fresh installation first. I'll reply to keep your post near the top and hopefully someone else will chime in on your game performance. How much do you want to spend on the card and power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.