Star Heat Changing

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 10, 2005 3:04:46 PM

I'm playing the Solorians and noticed my popultation growth was
significantly different on turn 6. I then noticed that the star heat
on some of my higher population worlds are changing.

No Training Centers on either planet

Name Turn Star Heat Colonists Notes
Planet1 1 68 2,028,711 Original HomeWorld
Planet1 3 83 0 Moved, Host changed star heat
Planet1 4 73 150,207 Coloninized again
Planet1 5 66 157,079
Planet1 6 66 164,409

Planet2 1 85 0
Planet2 2 85 2,170,748 Moved HomeWorld
Planet2 3 77 2,352,195
Planet2 4 75 2,371,616
Planet2 5 68 2,549,360
Planet2 6 68 2,672,000

I have used both the laser mining drill and scalar wave damper on the
planets. Neither of which should affect the star heat.

Is there an undocumented change for the Solorian taking star heat for
colonist growth?

Any one else see this change?

Porthos

More about : star heat changing

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:38:42 PM

I've kept notes on star heat in my current solorian game. No change on
any worlds, regardless of whether I have a base there or not, or the
size of the base, or use of ship devices over planets.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 4:44:01 AM

I am playing Solarian as well, and have several planets under
observation. This to help me understand how Stress, Delta Stress
works. All possible planetary variables has been logged. No change in
Starheat. I would of course love to be able to increese Star Heat if
that is possible. Need growth and long range Stellar Matter Launchers
(hehe).
Related resources
May 11, 2005 7:36:13 AM

Never recognized any change in star heat so far.
May 11, 2005 7:36:24 AM

This is within my first 10 turns with host 193. Host is adjusting the
star heat for some reason. What turns do you have data for? Maybe I
shouldn't have moved my HW on the 2nd turn. :)

PS. I have checked and rechecked this information. I will try to SIM
and see what happens.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 10:01:15 AM

I've run several early game Solorian sims recently. Not 193, but
recent.

I kept track of heat and never noticed a change.

I also ran several scripts to figure out the Solorian Growth. I should
probably run that script again under 193.
May 11, 2005 11:08:46 AM

On the data pad for planet object, the star heat is labeled "Heat
received from star". The planetary heat is labeled "Climate Rating".

On the base view, in the "Overview" pane, the Star Heat is listed in
white numerals to right right of the "Star:" field. Example:
"Star: Red Giant 77", where 77 is the star heat.
There is also a field called "Climate:" on this pane, this is the
planetary heat.

On the base view, in the "Planet" pane, the star heat is labeled "Heat
received from star". The planetary heat is labeled "Climate rating".

The star heat/"heat received from star" should not change. The
planetary heat/"climate rating" tends to drift towards the star heat.

If the star heat/"heat received from star" is changing, then there is a
coding problem or a problem on the client.

nuffersp@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm playing the Solorians and noticed my popultation growth was
> significantly different on turn 6. I then noticed that the star heat
> on some of my higher population worlds are changing.
>
> No Training Centers on either planet
>
> Name Turn Star Heat Colonists Notes
> Planet1 1 68 2,028,711 Original HomeWorld
> Planet1 3 83 0 Moved, Host changed star heat
> Planet1 4 73 150,207 Coloninized again
> Planet1 5 66 157,079
> Planet1 6 66 164,409
>
> Planet2 1 85 0
> Planet2 2 85 2,170,748 Moved HomeWorld
> Planet2 3 77 2,352,195
> Planet2 4 75 2,371,616
> Planet2 5 68 2,549,360
> Planet2 6 68 2,672,000
>
> I have used both the laser mining drill and scalar wave damper on the
> planets. Neither of which should affect the star heat.
>
> Is there an undocumented change for the Solorian taking star heat for
> colonist growth?
>
> Any one else see this change?
>
> Porthos
May 11, 2005 12:36:12 PM

I appreciate you helping me make sure. I checked again and it is
indeed changing. I used the overview screen (white numbers). I also
have every turn CSV information in an Access DB and it shows the same
information about it changing.

I also noticed it by using the resource circles and selecting "star
heat". The circles were larger at one time as well.

Porthos
!