How to overclock Radeon 4650 with AMD Overdrive?

timmu_india

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hi. I have an XFXForce Radeon 4650 GPU. Please enlighten me on how to overclock the GPU using AMD Overdrive.

CPU = Athlon II 245 X2
MOBO = ASUS M2A74-AM
DISP = SAMSUNG 20" LCD
Catalyst driver ver = 10.12.

Solution

Hi welcome to the forums,
As you know its there I will asume you know how to get to it in the CCC, actually for the sake of it its the last one in the drop down menu top left where it says Graphics.
Open it up and tick the box for Enable ATI Overdrive.
Auto tune will itself determine a set of clocks its happy to run at, the screen will go all red/green/yellow and this could last 5 mins or so while it tests the clocks.
Thats low level Overclocking and usually the cards will run faster. Next step is to increase...

Hi welcome to the forums,
As you know its there I will asume you know how to get to it in the CCC, actually for the sake of it its the last one in the drop down menu top left where it says Graphics.
Open it up and tick the box for Enable ATI Overdrive.
Auto tune will itself determine a set of clocks its happy to run at, the screen will go all red/green/yellow and this could last 5 mins or so while it tests the clocks.
Thats low level Overclocking and usually the cards will run faster. Next step is to increase the speed by pushing the sliders to the right but only go 10mhz at a time then click on test clocks. Do the memory first then when that fails the last setting that worked is your max for the memory.
Set the Memory back to normal and do the same thing with the Core, Move the slider 10Mhz and test.
Once you have found the best setting for the Core you should put the memory back up to where that was and retest with both clocks at the highest settings you got before it didnt work.
Next stage is to test with something like 3Dmark06 and play some games. this is to test for stability.
The Core will usually not go that much higher and the Memeory a bit more if you are lucky.
Thats it. There are plenty of "How to" guides on line if you just want to check ;)

Mactronix :)

Solution