Sign in with
Your question

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

Last response: in Motherboards
January 24, 2012 9:44:51 PM

I've just ordered a Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD5-B3 Motherboard and have a i5 2500k. The ram will be Corsair Vengence (2x4gb). My question is, will I be able to use my current cooler, a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro version 1.0 with the 2500k? I can't find anything on the Arctic Cooling site (there's plenty on rev. 2.0!) Any help would be appreciated.
January 24, 2012 9:47:10 PM

Forgot to mention that my current system is an intel e6300/LGA775 socket.
January 24, 2012 11:15:16 PM

do you know what socket its supports ?
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 24, 2012 11:26:55 PM

fastestlouigie said:
I've just ordered a Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD5-B3 Motherboard and have a i5 2500k. The ram will be Corsair Vengence (2x4gb). My question is, will I be able to use my current cooler, a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro version 1.0 with the 2500k? I can't find anything on the Arctic Cooling site (there's plenty on rev. 2.0!) Any help would be appreciated.

Post link of your RAM...
January 25, 2012 2:03:01 PM

Just a quick search of the original model comes up with a different mounting solution from the 2nd revision currently being sold. At a glance, it appears the mounting solution appears fixed, which means it would be incompatible with 1555/1556 mounting holes, unfortunately.
a c 117 V Motherboard
January 25, 2012 3:09:35 PM

If you are willing to use some bolts(nuts/rubber washers and some fiber washers), it will bit on a 2500k system, but on its own, it does not fit.
January 25, 2012 3:54:12 PM

I just bought this http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/memory-pc... (Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit). I don't want to "bodge" a fix, as I'm terrible at DIY-I'd much rather get another cooler, although I do have the one that comes with the i5. I don't plan to overclock straight away but is the stock fan noisy? I just couldn't cope with that!
January 25, 2012 5:55:45 PM

Noisy? Not really, though the stock fan in my system (i5-2400, same stock fan) was a bit "buzzy" for my tastes, due to the small size of the fan. It all comes down to personal sensitivity to that sort of thing, as well as case design. If you're at all concerned with DIY stuff, I'd say just get another cooler, they don't have to be super expensive, and the cost will be a lot less than jury rigging a cooler to your mobo and causing problems. You run into either damaging the mobo itself, or cooking the processor if you don't get a good seat, or your DIY solution lets go on you.

Corsair Vengeance is notorious for clearance problems with aftermarket cooling solutions, because of it's height. That problem will of course vary between coolers, so you should do some research on whatever cooler setup you choose.
January 25, 2012 7:44:17 PM

AMutedScream said:
Noisy? Not really, though the stock fan in my system (i5-2400, same stock fan) was a bit "buzzy" for my tastes, due to the small size of the fan. It all comes down to personal sensitivity to that sort of thing, as well as case design. If you're at all concerned with DIY stuff, I'd say just get another cooler, they don't have to be super expensive, and the cost will be a lot less than jury rigging a cooler to your mobo and causing problems. You run into either damaging the mobo itself, or cooking the processor if you don't get a good seat, or your DIY solution lets go on you.

Corsair Vengeance is notorious for clearance problems with aftermarket cooling solutions, because of it's height. That problem will of course vary between coolers, so you should do some research on whatever cooler setup you choose.

Thanks,
The when I got the corsair memory, the guy in the store said that there may be an issue with one of the sticks, depending on the motherboard layout and which cooler I go for. He said once I'd got my motherboard, I could bring my pc into them and they'd try out the coolers they have for clearance. They have, amongst others, an Arctic ' Freezer 13 (+ the limited edition), a Pro 7 v.2 and the Noctua NH-D14. Corsair "water" options are available as well. Too much choice! :lol: 
!