Solorian Solar Array can be moved ?

Last response: in Video Games
May 10, 2005 5:19:20 PM

Hi all,
I'm just wondering that the Solorian Solar Collection Array can be
moved. I have a scan of one Solar Array that is now moving for the
second turn in a row. I thought this one can't be moved in any possible
way! Or am I missing something?

cu
Ilja
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 5:54:32 PM

Hmm... no engines... can't be towed... can't hyperjump... can't
use wormholes or jumpgates...

Can't think of any way it could be moving...
May 11, 2005 4:40:24 AM

Even Warp Bubble Generator won't work.
What about Holojammer?
May 11, 2005 4:47:12 AM

The Solarian Eclipse Starbase has Holo Jammer. Read about the device
in the help files.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 6:19:36 AM

Ah that could be. Never seen a Holojammer in action. I didn't think
that all ships at this position will appear at the same wrong position
some where else. I will bring a bioscanner there ...

cu & thanks
Ilja
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:20:05 AM

Nope, the X,Y shown is the one in deep space ...

cu
Ilja
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 1:17:40 PM

It's possible for an eclipse to build one in deep space, but that would
be pointless; it won't collect any fuel there. Perhaps a change there
could be the solorian answer to having to end the turn at a star to
obtain fuel.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 4:18:41 PM

You can check the X,Y-Location in the enemy ship screeen. They will show
correct. As the Solar Array is used to be over a planet the "planet we are
over" target in transfer screen should be visible.
At least that was how it be when my solarian ally quit the game and after 10
turn I had no ship data of him any more (host turns this off, only allow
command was still on) and I was wondering what went wrong with his ships.
I don´t know if in CSV file the "visible" location or the "true" location is
written. If the "tru2 Location is written this should be a bug. But I´m too
lasy to sim:)

Greetings
Sebastian

!