deleted partitions to vaio recovery utility and recovery dis

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2005 9:08:56 AM

hello all i was wondering if anyone on here could help me. i was
deleting some of the sony vaio software of my laptop(pcg-k415b) i
then emptyd my recycle bin i now want to put it back to the factory
settings but when i try by going through vaio recovery utility or
recovery disk kit wizzard it keeps saying i have deleted the recovery
partition :evil:  so i then try and restore to a earlier point but
after the laptop restarts it will say unable to restore to this point
..
thanks for any help.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2005 9:46:11 AM

"db78" <db78@blueyonder.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
| hello all i was wondering if anyone on here could help me. i was
| deleting some of the sony vaio software of my laptop(pcg-k415b) i
| then emptyd my recycle bin i now want to put it back to the factory
| settings but when i try by going through vaio recovery utility or
| recovery disk kit wizzard it keeps saying i have deleted the recovery
| partition :evil:  so i then try and restore to a earlier point but
| after the laptop restarts it will say unable to restore to this point
| .
| thanks for any help.

Hi db78 -

I seriously doubt you deleted the Restore Partition.

Likely you deleted the Sony Recovery Wizard (or at least parts of it).

If you created the Recovery CD/DVD set with the Recovery Wizard when you
first set up your computer, you can restore to factory default settings by
setting up your BIOS (press F2 at the VAIO logo when you first start up) to
boot to the CD-ROM/DVD drive first. Then boot with the Recovery Startup CD.
Choose the option to perform a complete recovery (this will recover the
restore partition and then the C:\ and D:\ "drives" on the hard disk).
Follow the prompts to insert the various Recovery CDs/DVDs as needed.

If you failed to create the Recovery CD/DVD set you're boned. You need to
purchase a proper recovery set from Sony.

In any event, to recover to a "bare metal" state, be sure to backup to
external media anything you currently have on the computer as it will be
wiped away during the full recovery.

Jef
January 4, 2009 12:07:24 AM

Hi

i have restored my sony vaio laptop to factory setting without backup any external media data. is there any way to get back the data from the external media that i had saved before? please advice me because the data is so important to me.
thanks

hawari
January 10, 2013 1:17:06 PM

in ur laptop u can see the windows.old in that u can get .....
!