Anybody Using MORE Minutes than Usual this month?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 10, 2005 1:25:03 AM

Hi,

My wife keeps complaining that she is not using her minutes as fast as the
online display shows. She usually uses about 1300 minutes each month, but
this month would top out about 2500 and have a big overage.

It is for business use, so she is not just gabbing with friends.

It is subjective, but she says she is using it about the same as usual. I
think she has been using it more.

Is anybody burning up minutes twice as fas as usual since the switch from
ATT to Cingular?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Cogito

More about : minutes usual month

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:39:50 AM

Here in Oregon, former AT&T Wireless customers that had mobile-to-mobile
minutes
found that calling their own voicemail used these mobile-to-mobile minutes.

Older AT&T TDMA plans included mobile-to-mobile minutes for one landline
phone (usually the home phone).

Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
unless you paid for the 7pm time option.

In addition, AT&T Wireless, had spanned call billing. You could start a call
at
8:55pm that lasted one hour and be billed 5 minutes peak, and 55 minutes
off-peak.

Anyway, these are a couple billing issues that may have changed. (I
actually
don't know how Cingular bills in these situations).

-Dan

--

=======================
Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

May 10, 2005 6:50:43 AM

In article <996dnS8tJLO61B3fRVn-vA@comcast.com>,
"Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:

> Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
> unless you paid for the 7pm time option.

I had 7pm nights/weekends with ATT, and that carried over to Cingular
without problem.
Related resources
May 10, 2005 11:11:19 AM

probably for an extra $7 per month per line!!!!
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
> In article <996dnS8tJLO61B3fRVn-vA@comcast.com>,
> "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:
>
> > Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
> > unless you paid for the 7pm time option.
>
> I had 7pm nights/weekends with ATT, and that carried over to Cingular
> without problem.
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:25:08 PM

In article <ev1ge.6809$7A2.2547@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"Larry" <ppcdoc@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
> > In article <996dnS8tJLO61B3fRVn-vA@comcast.com>,
> > "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:
> >
> > > Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
> > > unless you paid for the 7pm time option.
> >
> > I had 7pm nights/weekends with ATT, and that carried over to Cingular
> > without problem.
>
> probably for an extra $7 per month per line!!!!

Nope. My bill remained the same when everything transitioned from ATT
to Cingular.

For the privilege of keeping my 7pm nights/weekends, there was no extra
charge.

Cingular simply maintained the exact plan and exact billing I had with
ATT, and now my bills are coming from Cingular.
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 9:52:15 PM

Yes. I totally believe you. My knowledge of AT&T plans only spans about
five years, and even so I may not remember or I was not aware.

I have family members who pay *nothing* per month to keep their phone
active.
They simply pay a per-minute rate which is something like 14-16 cents when
in home area, and 21 cents per minute when roaming.

Some deals seem unbelieveable, but folks who have had phones for a long
time may have an unusual promotion. I've also noticed the business plan
customers and folks who got their phone through work tend to have the
best deals...

-Dan

--

=======================
Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

May 11, 2005 1:46:16 AM

In article <XPCdnZRvyuLSyhzfRVn-hQ@comcast.com>,
"Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:

> I have family members who pay *nothing* per month to keep their phone
> active.
> They simply pay a per-minute rate which is something like 14-16 cents when
> in home area, and 21 cents per minute when roaming.

I know someone at work who has that. My company used to have that
arrangement with Cingular, and those who still use it are grandfathered
in.

> I've also noticed the business plan
> customers and folks who got their phone through work tend to have the
> best deals...

OH yeah. Let's see: I have 2300 minutes, 2 lines, 7pm nights/weekends,
all for $104.70/month total, including all taxes and "fees".

Love the corporate world. Work what you can.
!