Anybody Using MORE Minutes than Usual this month?

Hi,

My wife keeps complaining that she is not using her minutes as fast as the
online display shows. She usually uses about 1300 minutes each month, but
this month would top out about 2500 and have a big overage.

It is for business use, so she is not just gabbing with friends.

It is subjective, but she says she is using it about the same as usual. I
think she has been using it more.

Is anybody burning up minutes twice as fas as usual since the switch from
ATT to Cingular?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Cogito
6 answers Last reply
More about anybody minutes usual month

    Here in Oregon, former AT&T Wireless customers that had mobile-to-mobile
    minutes
    found that calling their own voicemail used these mobile-to-mobile minutes.

    Older AT&T TDMA plans included mobile-to-mobile minutes for one landline
    phone (usually the home phone).

    Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
    unless you paid for the 7pm time option.

    In addition, AT&T Wireless, had spanned call billing. You could start a call
    at
    8:55pm that lasted one hour and be billed 5 minutes peak, and 55 minutes
    off-peak.

    Anyway, these are a couple billing issues that may have changed. (I
    actually
    don't know how Cingular bills in these situations).

    -Dan

    --

    =======================
    Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

    In article <996dnS8tJLO61B3fRVn-vA@comcast.com>,
    "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:

    > Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
    > unless you paid for the 7pm time option.

    I had 7pm nights/weekends with ATT, and that carried over to Cingular
    without problem.

    probably for an extra $7 per month per line!!!!

    In article <ev1ge.6809$7A2.2547@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
    "Larry" <ppcdoc@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <996dnS8tJLO61B3fRVn-vA@comcast.com>,
    > > "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Older AT&T plans had off-peak at 8pm which may now be 9pm with Cingular
    > > > unless you paid for the 7pm time option.
    > >
    > > I had 7pm nights/weekends with ATT, and that carried over to Cingular
    > > without problem.
    >
    > probably for an extra $7 per month per line!!!!

    Nope. My bill remained the same when everything transitioned from ATT
    to Cingular.

    For the privilege of keeping my 7pm nights/weekends, there was no extra
    charge.

    Cingular simply maintained the exact plan and exact billing I had with
    ATT, and now my bills are coming from Cingular.

    Yes. I totally believe you. My knowledge of AT&T plans only spans about
    five years, and even so I may not remember or I was not aware.

    I have family members who pay *nothing* per month to keep their phone
    active.
    They simply pay a per-minute rate which is something like 14-16 cents when
    in home area, and 21 cents per minute when roaming.

    Some deals seem unbelieveable, but folks who have had phones for a long
    time may have an unusual promotion. I've also noticed the business plan
    customers and folks who got their phone through work tend to have the
    best deals...

    -Dan

    --

    =======================

    In article <XPCdnZRvyuLSyhzfRVn-hQ@comcast.com>,
    "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote:

    > I have family members who pay *nothing* per month to keep their phone
    > active.
    > They simply pay a per-minute rate which is something like 14-16 cents when
    > in home area, and 21 cents per minute when roaming.

    I know someone at work who has that. My company used to have that
    arrangement with Cingular, and those who still use it are grandfathered
    in.

    > I've also noticed the business plan
    > customers and folks who got their phone through work tend to have the
    > best deals...

    OH yeah. Let's see: I have 2300 minutes, 2 lines, 7pm nights/weekends,
    all for $104.70/month total, including all taxes and "fees".

    Love the corporate world. Work what you can.

Cingular Internet Service Providers