Tags:
  • New Build
  • Core
  • Intel i5
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2011 3:54:18 AM

Im building a new gaming/ photo editing/ multitasking rig and need to know which MicroATX mobo are best with the Core i5 2500.

Heres my ideas so far:

Mobo: ?????(MUST BE MicroATX)
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 (not planning on overclocking so dont need the k)
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4-8GB
PSU: ??? Any suggestions
GPU: ??? Any suggestions
ODD: Samsung SH-B123A Blu-ray combo
ODD: Reusing dvd burner from current pc

More about : micro atx motherboards core 2500

February 23, 2011 4:32:25 AM

1) The price difference between the 2500 and the 2500K is minimal. Get the K to preserve your options.
2) H67 motherboards support the integrated gpu. If you get a discrete graphics card, which you should for gaming, the onboard capability is wasted.
H67 boards also have limited OC capability.
3) The only two P67 micro-atx motherboards I found while researching my build are the Asus P8P67-M and the P8P67-M Pro.
Check the features for differences, both are good. I got the Pro model, and am pleased.
4) The gpu card you get will be determined by your gaming resolution and penchant for eye candy. I suggest A GTX560ti for 1080P.
If you are flush with funds, a GTX580.
5) The psu you get is determined by the graphics card. A quality 650w psu will run any single card made. A 500w psu with 30a will do for the GTX560ti.
Quality units come from Corsair, Antec,XFX,PC P&C, and seasonic. For a matx, which will probably go into a small case, a modular unit like this XFX 650 might be good:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6) Do not pay extra for faster ram, better timingsw, or fancy heat spreaders. It is not worth it. 8gb will help you more.
7) See if you can't budget $100-$200 for a SSD, it is a great performance enhancer.
m
l
February 23, 2011 3:22:06 PM

He said he's not overclocking, so why does he need a K processor? Besides, contrary to popular believe, the non K still does 3.9ghz overclock.

What is the uses of the computer? Are you a gamer? Can't really make suggestions on a graphics card, or if you even need one, without knowing that.

The motherboards won't be available till late March or Early April unless you want to buy one that has sata issues. Most reputable vendors aren't even selling them.
m
l
!