Im building a new gaming/ photo editing/ multitasking rig and need to know which MicroATX mobo are best with the Core i5 2500.
Heres my ideas so far:
Mobo: ?????(MUST BE MicroATX)
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 (not planning on overclocking so dont need the k)
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4-8GB
PSU: ??? Any suggestions
GPU: ??? Any suggestions
ODD: Samsung SH-B123A Blu-ray combo
ODD: Reusing dvd burner from current pc
OS: Window 7 64-Bit
1) The price difference between the 2500 and the 2500K is minimal. Get the K to preserve your options.
2) H67 motherboards support the integrated gpu. If you get a discrete graphics card, which you should for gaming, the onboard capability is wasted.
H67 boards also have limited OC capability.
3) The only two P67 micro-atx motherboards I found while researching my build are the Asus P8P67-M and the P8P67-M Pro.
Check the features for differences, both are good. I got the Pro model, and am pleased.
4) The gpu card you get will be determined by your gaming resolution and penchant for eye candy. I suggest A GTX560ti for 1080P.
If you are flush with funds, a GTX580.
5) The psu you get is determined by the graphics card. A quality 650w psu will run any single card made. A 500w psu with 30a will do for the GTX560ti.
Quality units come from Corsair, Antec,XFX,PC P&C, and seasonic. For a matx, which will probably go into a small case, a modular unit like this XFX 650 might be good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6) Do not pay extra for faster ram, better timingsw, or fancy heat spreaders. It is not worth it. 8gb will help you more.
7) See if you can't budget $100-$200 for a SSD, it is a great performance enhancer.