Something fishy about sweeping minefields

Due to my current war project I scripted some minesweeping actions
against Robots under host 193. (Just a reminder, I believe there was a
hostchange recently which again allowed Robots to cloak their existing
minefields.) Here are the bothersome results:

20 Fed Nocturnes swept 10 from 10 cloaked Robot novas without any
problem.
10 Fed Nocturnes swept 8 from 10 cloaked novas.
That's somewhat at odds with documentation, which states a 25%
sweeping chance for cloaked barbs.

When 10 Cats Paws layed ten new minefields, the 20 Fed Nocturnes swept
not a single one of them in the same turn. And the minefields were not
layed cloaked! Can it just be that the old info that
minesweeping/laying happens in order of ship experience is simply a
hoax, i.e. it was never implemented? Did anyone actually ever tested
this? My preliminary tests sure suggest that low ID's act first
instead. Woah!

Ok, the tests need to be repeated with races other thans Robots, who
might show some peculiar bugs after all this recent modifications. Due
to lack of time I will not come to this before next week - hopefully
someone is interested in the matter and has scripted and printed his
results before that.

> Can it just be that the old info that
> minesweeping/laying happens in order of ship experience is simply a
> hoax, i.e. it was never implemented? Did anyone actually ever tested
> this? My preliminary tests sure suggest that low ID's act first
> instead. Woah!

Did the Noctures have higher experience values than the Cat's Paws? It
seems that if experience is the same the ships act in order of ID.

Scytale

Typical random spread done by scriptz0r and master exe.

Sparrow

Does anybody know if the 25% sweeping chance for cloaked MFs is only
for Barbs / Novas or true for all MF types = even for the ones which
had a 100% success before?

I have often seen strange clustering effects with VGAP's "random"
events.

It is as if the "random" numbers are done in groups, to reduce
computation. For example: "This turn, there is a 25% chance of any ship
belonging to player Z doing X to succeed." And the *same* result is then
applied to all player Z's ships.
--
Paul Honigmann