• Ultra LSP550 550W $60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coolermaster eXtreme Power 600w $65

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

curtox

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hi, I'll spare you all the details, but my old PSU died :pfff: , and I'm not able to wait for shipping from Newegg, etc. So between the budget options that are currently in stock locally, which of the following PSU's does the community think I should go with....

curtox

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
:lol: Excellent! So everybody, is this my choice then? I just really want to get my rig up an running again! :kaola:

curtox

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Okay, perfect, perhaps that's what I'll do. Thanks for the input folks. I've been a long time reader, first time caller...

Cheers

Agree with all of you guys, the Thermaltake isn't the best PSU brand but that model at least have 80+ certificated and good warranty. I suggest go with that because he need it "urgent" but of course, if he can go with something much better like XFX, Corsair, Antec or Seasonic I'd agree.

That model has been work fine for me with my current rig, at least until I can get something better.

The Thermaltake W0388RU, made by HEC/COMPUCASE Enterprise, is not 80 PLUS certified. Thermaltake says it has more than 72% efficiency at typical load operation which doesn't allow it to pass 80 PLUS certification.

You are right, for some reason I thought that we was talking about the TR2 650W model and not the 650W.

Why can't you wait 2 days max and order a decent unit?
Just ordered a 2nd OZC ModX 600W on the 23rd and received it yesterday.
I'm Canadian so that was through NCIX.
Newegg is usually next day but prices blow in Canada.

curtox

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

Yeah, that is what I'm going to do in fact. I too am Canadian, so it'll be NCIX for me as well. :sol: