vinceel

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hello,

I used to edit movies and have many tabs open without any problems. I have dell 580 inspiron. I upgraded Graphics to ATI 5770 and PSU to 500w. Now when i render a video the fans get jet loud. I reapplied thermal paste today and its still the same. Do you think the problem is with the heat sink.4. I have gotten 6 BSOD this week. Thats the first time ever.

Forgot to mention that i have intel i5 and it idles at around 60C

Solution

If those PSUs got a bad review, then the CX430 must be lucky. I haven't had one gone bad. I sell a lot of them to replace the crap HP/Dell puts in their systems. We also use them for our system builds and so far have yet to have any come back for a bad PSU.

That is way way too much. You only want one to two grains of rice or a pea sized drop. When I applied my IC Diamond 24, I put a pea sized drop, let it sit for 10 minutes them...

vinceel

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

So you think that the graphic card is the problem for the high temp for CPU?

Oh, I thought you said the fans were ramping up and that you got a BSOD. How much thermal compound did you apply? It should only be about the size of a grain of rice.

vinceel

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

I applied a lot more maybe like 5 or 7 grains of rice worth. So should i reapply the compound and do you think i need a new cpu cooler?

If those PSUs got a bad review, then the CX430 must be lucky. I haven't had one gone bad. I sell a lot of them to replace the crap HP/Dell puts in their systems. We also use them for our system builds and so far have yet to have any come back for a bad PSU.

That is way way too much. You only want one to two grains of rice or a pea sized drop. When I applied my IC Diamond 24, I put a pea sized drop, let it sit for 10 minutes them applied my HSF. Spreads it perfectly for the best thermal dissipation. In fact all 4 of my Q6600 stay within 1c of the others.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170&Itemid=1

This is a great guide.

Solution

Well, I was just basing it off reviews and failures. Like I said, it should be powering his system well.

^not anything against you but I have a hard time trusting reviews over experience, Its like a site tested AV programs and said that not only did Norton 2011 remove more viruses than Microsoft Security Essentials, but it also didn't slow the system down as much as MSE. Last time I worked on a system with Norton 2011, it was highly infected with fake AVs and seriously, was much faster once I got rid of it.

As for the temp, he put way too much thermal paste on it so it probably couldn't conduct the heat properly.

That is what I thought.