Worst and best graphics cards companeys

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I would like to know some opinions on this matter so i can make a desicion on what brand i should reccmomend to my freinds and family.

here how i think it does people correct me

XFX-Life time warrenty even if you change the cooler
EVGA-i hear they have a life time warrenty but there cards our over priced
Galaxy- i have had great luck with them so far
msi-good people

Bad
Powercolor
bfg
diamond
zotac
asus

Solution
Besides the quality of the components, which are hard to quantify, it is always good to look at the extras like: warranty, customer service, extra goodies inside the box, and whether they offer custom cards versus just reference. Sometimes, you can tell the quality of the components by how high the card overclocks, but then even that can vary between individual samples.
Thats an extremely arbitrary, incomplete, and biased list. Do you have anything to back up that MSI is good other than "good people"? Anything to back up that ASUS cards are bad? Once upon a time BFG offered lifetime warranties on their cards like XFX does, and EVGA has on some, they were good cards and still are, but BFG is no more so there is no more warranty support, makes them a bad choice to buy now but not bad to pick up second hand.

D

Deleted member 362816

This was a opinion just asking to see what others are thanks. Msi will fix the card even after the warrenty is up lol that makes them a good companey. i have never had a asus card that lasted more then a month.

PNY has a lifetime warranty, they are an American company based in Brooklyn, NY (if that matters).

I recently had RMA experiences with Asus and MSI. Both were good, but MSI was seriously fast, from the time I shipped it out to the time I received the replacement took 8 days (all within California).

D

Deleted member 362816

MSI is fast and that is why people go to them. but i hear more often then not that people dont like them personaly i have never had a problume with them i needed a extra sli cable i called them they shipped me one for free. cant beat that.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
These lists have no meaning.You might have had problems with ASUS cards, countless others have not.

And BTW I liked XFX, before they went on to manufacture ATI cards.Since then many people have had a lot of issues with XFX customer support.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
^+1 loved my xfx nvidia cards! ASUS does a fantastic job. My current Zotac, yeah customer support sucks, but I haven't had a problem that I needed them for with regards to my video card

willmalcom

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I too have not had great experience with XFX. And it too was with ATI cards they were producing.

Also, I do not like Powercolor. I have owned 2 of their cards, and the construction of the cards (both 5770) seemed cheap. The inputs seemed poorly constucted, and they just felt plain cheap cheap cheap. I can say however that a friend of mine got the PC overclocked 6870, and the construction seemed to me to be a lot more sturdy, the inputs didn't feel loose, so maybe they have made a turn around.

Personally, I am a Gigabyte fanboi so I buy everything Gigabyte. Right now I have a Gigabyte 570gtx that I just put in!

speaking purely in terms of gpus here are the companys that i would consider quality for the most part. No matter what sometimes you just end up with a lemon, otherwise a cheaper build usually lends to a shorter lifespan. Not saying some of the less know/reputible brands are not a good but if is the same price as an identical card from a top notch manufacturer, then you might as well go with the better name as far as I am concerned

Good:
Asus
EVGA
XFX
MSI
Gigabyte

take a galaxy card for example, while they are usually well priced, and generally perform flawlessy, one could argue that the build of some of there cards is subpar, I personally have had a good expirirnce with them too so....

I wouldnt consider diamond or zotac bad, it just all depends...
I woudl say its is more up to preference these days bc many of these companies have been around for a while. Ive always had good luck with PNY too

Besides the quality of the components, which are hard to quantify, it is always good to look at the extras like: warranty, customer service, extra goodies inside the box, and whether they offer custom cards versus just reference. Sometimes, you can tell the quality of the components by how high the card overclocks, but then even that can vary between individual samples.

Solution

TheApex

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
I have had extremely good luck with EVGA and Gigabyte card reliability and build. All my cards are OCd as far as possible and still 100% reliability. As for support I have no opinion because I have never had a problem at all with the cards.

EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 (x2)

Actually, my mobo is Gigabyte too with the 5770s so they run beautifully together.

I have to say that your mileage may vary with MSI. I had purchased their flagship AMD motherboard (at the time) for my Phenom II X4 940. It was the MSI K9A2 Platinum with the awesome AMD 790FX Quad-Crossfire chipset. The thing's power regulators failed 2 months after the warranty ended. They told me "tough luck". I won't buy MSI anymore. Now, having said that, the fact that MSI still exists means that the vast majority of their products are fine. The fact that all of the partners in existence today have existed for a long time indicates that their products are fine. There are a few that stand above the rest due to warranties or specialties and I'll have a little point beside them to explain why:

GeForce:
EVGA - Lifetime warranties on some of their items, nVidia's highest-tier partner
Zotac - Usually a very good value and although newer, have earned a good reputation for innovation
Sparkle - Often the best pricing on nVidia equipment with no horror stories that I've ever heard
Honourable mention to BFG - No longer around but had possibly the best warranty in the business (besides XFX) and had a Protoss Archon as their mascot (100% awesomeness).

Radeon:
Sapphire - ATi's first partner. Makers of the awesome Vapor-X.
HIS - ATi's second partner. Makers of the awesome Ice-Q.
XFX - Double-Lifetime Warranty that applies even if you change the cooler. Have made both GeForce and Radeon.
Powercolor - Great pricing and value. Have made both GeForce and Radeon.

The rest are generally hit or miss.

ASUS (both), MSI (both), Jaton (both), VisionTek (ATi), PNY (nVidia), ECS (nVidia), Diamond (ATi), Gigabyte (both), Galaxy/Foxconn (nVidia)

I only buy Radeons and the only Radeon brand I avoid like the plague is Diamond Multimedia. It's a shame too because back in the day, Diamond made some awesome video cards of their own design like the Stealth. I won't buy MSI because they pissed me off but if they had a great deal, I could see myself getting an MSI card. The best Radeon deals are usually Sapphire, Powercolor or HIS though so it'll likely never happen.