Your question

Just received parts for my midrange AMD build

Tags:
  • Build
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2011 6:04:11 PM

well guys, Everything is here. My brother and I decided to spend about 900.00 USD on our midrange build. We got the same exact stuff except for the cases. This will be both of our first builds. Its nothing fancy, but im excited. I didnt want to wait for Sandy bridge any longer so I decided to go with a cheaper version of my build. I utilized combo deals on Newegg also so everything was bundled except for the case. If im not satisfied, I will just build a Sandy bridge this summer. This build included everything except for a mouse, monitor and keyboard. Its consisted of :

Phenom II x4 955 CPU

ThermalTake Frio with Tuniq TX-4 Heatsink and Thermal Compound

Corsair 650 TX-V2 enthusiast PSU

Corsair XMS3 4 GB 2x2 Ram

MSI Twin Frozr II 460 GPU Accidentally bought the 768 version instead of the 1 GB

ASUS Pro/USB3 Mobo

2 ASUS optical drives, DVD/CD burners

1 Tb Spinpoint F3 Hard Drive

I bought the storm scout case, he bought the Version 2 of ANTEC 1200 case.

Windows 64 bit OEM home edition

Now, Its a decent gaming rig. We dont play TOO demanding games and If time ever comes to where its the GPU holding us back then I will just do a rebuild, which I probably will anyway :D  My total with everything was 890.00 USD which is why I bought the Storm scout case for like 90 bucks. I could have went cheaper, I could have went more expensive, but odds are I will end up selling this rig anyway. I cant speak for my brother though. I am going to do a video of our components and then do a video of the completed project. I will put the link for youtube on here in this thread with in a couple of days. I have to go to work soon so I cant start the build yet. Wish me luck guys and If you have any questions on the components then let me know

More about : received parts midrange amd build

February 23, 2011 7:34:14 PM

What screen resolution do you game on? @ 1680x1050 that GTX 460/768 vs 1GB probably isn't an issue.
Even at higher res it's still a GTX 460! It will be a strong gaming rig.
m
l
February 24, 2011 1:02:42 AM

WR2 said:
What screen resolution do you game on? @ 1680x1050 that GTX 460/768 vs 1GB probably isn't an issue.
Even at higher res it's still a GTX 460! It will be a strong gaming rig.

I game on 1920x1080 23" . It shouldnt be too bad. Im not going to max out AA and stuff like that. Im going to keep my frames decent by lowering the lesset important details.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2011 1:11:45 AM

I'm a pretty relaxed gamer too. You'll have to play it by ear since you already own it.
m
l
February 24, 2011 4:33:11 AM

overclock as high as possible on the GPU to ensure max details, if you don't want them though just don't worry about that.
m
l
February 24, 2011 4:39:15 AM

If you bought this from newegg, just call and explain or explain through live customer support to exchange the GPU
m
l
!