Haf X Case with Corsair H60

technoidgit

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
To the Haf X and Corsair H50/60/70 owners I have a question.

I have the Haf X current build. I'm also using(will be) a Corsair H60 water series. I was wondering if a push pull setup for the radiator will work in this case.(enough clearance) I will also have a MSI Z68-GD80 mb w/i5 2500k cpu, Corsair Vengance 2x4gb= 8gb mem, Sapphire 6950 2gb gpu and Corsair 850HX psu

If you have a Corsair H50/60/70 with push pull setup I would also like some recommeded fans. I liked the Scythe GentleTyphoon but it has been sold out, I have also been considering the LOGISYS Computer SF120 120mm Extreme Quiet Rubber Fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999007&cm_re=120mm_rubber_fan-_-35-999-007-_-Product
It's a little pricey(maybe too pricey) but from what I hear it's worth it.

I don't think I can use the Haf X case fan that I will be moving/removing as I think its 140mm and not the 120mm needed

Any input would be helpful-Thank You

technoidgit

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Actually I mixed up price on the Logisys Fan and it's not to much $.
You get what you pay for.
I actually thisnk I may go with the ugliest fan out there
Noctua NF-P12-1300 120mm CPU Cooler and Case Fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004
The feedback says it's woth every penny except it's ugly as sin. I hate to have to replace cheap fans

I'm also wondering if I should use a fan power splitter to make sure both fans are running similar rpm or does that not matter

technoidgit

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

Yeah I had looked at that fan. Thought it may be abit noisy but it sure moves some air. I also usually try to stay away from sleeve bearings anymore but due to being able to relube/prelube maybe I will give them a shot.
Should I scrap the Corsair fan and match the push/pull fans? Seems that would be the best as then both fans would have matching cfm, if I don't it seems the Stock fan might cancel out the added CFM. Correct?

technoidgit

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

Aye there matey. You read my mind. I figured I would go with stock for a while. I had also realized I had a bunch of 120mm fans laying around anyway if I need one. I just really wish they someone had the Scythe Gentle Typhoon in stock. It almost seems that they are discontinuing it as almost no one has in stock. Oh well atleast I finally got the rest of my build-parts ordered today. I may swap out my i5 2500K for a i7 2600k though, I just feel I may better served further down the road by the 2600K. I first need to add up all the parts and see where I stand $ wise.

I have not even opened up the Haf X box yet. Do you know if the rear fan fits in the front or is there already 2 fans there? I thought I saw in a video that the front fan was optional along with one top fan