Question on recent parts I just purchased for my custom PC

Pete Jones

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Hey guys, found this website not too long ago and I had a couple of quesitons about the parts I have already ordered and should be delivered soon.
I have been to different forums and some say my parts are compatiable and some have said they weren't. So I just wanted to post on here and see if you guys could tell me if my PC is going to work or not.

Case: SilverStone RV02W-EW (White)
CPU: i7 Intel 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4ghz
Motherboard: Haven't found one for sell to fit the LGA 1155, so I am currently waiting, planning on purchasing the Sabertooth P67
Ram: Corsair Dominator 16GB (4x4GB)
SSD: Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Sata III
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Video Card: ASUS ENGTX580/2DI/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 580
Power Supply: SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W
Blu-Ray Burner: LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner
Water Cooler: ThermalTake Big Water 760i Liquid Cooling System Kit

I have no previous experience in building computers and this will be my first project, any advice and input is welcome.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC
Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.
-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it.

TRENDING THREADS