nvidiafanboi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I'm Looking to add a water cooling solution for my CPU. i really want it to be internal and wasnted to know of the best ones on the market today?

I'm no rich man but i would like to here your opinions on the best and the best bang for buck that is currently out there.

I am from the UK so newegg isnt an option.

Thanks

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Let's see, first, a custom liquid cooling solution is expensive and not that much more efficient than air. If you have a desire to pursue this option, because it is certainly attractive to some enthusiasts, then take a look at this sticky from the Overclocking forum.

Second, you can just spend about the same as you would for the most expensive air cooling solution, and just purchase one of these H70 Corsair units.

I use the Newegg links for reference purposes only, since you did not specify any UK preferred sites. Newegg shows the dimensions of the cooler so that you can see if it fits internally in your case. If you would like more information, then I suggest posting in the Overclocking forum your intent for water cooling, specifications of your system, preferred web sites, etc.

eloric

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
There are 64 heat sinks in this list that rank better than the one you have installed. Unfortunately the corsair H70 has not been tested by frostytech, but it has been evaluated in Tom's Hardware.

Yes the Corsair chiller happens to be LOUD, but it is effective. A custom water cooling rig can be made quiet by using a double or triple radiator with multiple fans running at low speeds. Prices would start around 180 pounds for a complete rig like that.

If you want quiet and some higher overclocks, this Noctua NH D14 is a good choice. It is also 10 pounds cheaper than the Corsair, and just as effective. Please make sure it will fit into your case before you purchase.