Friendly codes???

Heres an interesting thing,

I have my friendly codes set to a lower case string of 3 letters. On my
ships, wings and bases.
Now a NAP race has visited my base and my fighters and ships blew him
up-captured him luckily??? He had the same friendly code set...The
captured ship has the friendly code set on it to the same as my base
and ships.

Any ideas, on attack options counter manding friendly codes...I did
have attack all enemy ships on.
But my base fighters also attacked and they have no such available
setting.

This is kinda troubling....

Cheers.
ps. His ships shot back as well.
6 answers Last reply
More about friendly codes

    There is only 1 safe way to avoid combat and that is if you both are
    setting each other as an ally. If that is prevented by the ally
    setting, then you need to make sure that all ships and wings meeting
    have attack = off! Having the same FC doesn't help there. Even if you
    would set his UFC as your FC, you would still battle if you are on
    attack setting.

    Using Friendly Codes to avoid Combat is a V3 Thing ... won't work in V4!

    Mydgard

    "LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Heres an interesting thing,
    >
    > I have my friendly codes set to a lower case string of 3 letters. On my
    > ships, wings and bases.
    > Now a NAP race has visited my base and my fighters and ships blew him
    > up-captured him luckily??? He had the same friendly code set...The
    > captured ship has the friendly code set on it to the same as my base
    > and ships.
    >
    > Any ideas, on attack options counter manding friendly codes...I did
    > have attack all enemy ships on.
    > But my base fighters also attacked and they have no such available
    > setting.
    >
    > This is kinda troubling....
    >
    > Cheers.
    > ps. His ships shot back as well.

    If no wings are involved and players are set to enemies in ally menue then this rules should hold:

    When all ships are set to "Normal" no combat should occur.
    When ships are set to "attack" then UFCs of the other as FC should prevent fights.
    New built ship leaves the docks with attack ships and ground structures.

    If I remember right the UFC of the other on your ships prevents your ships from being attacked by ships of the other if the other
    has set his ships to "attack".

    Ralph Hönig once has simmed it in detail so maybe he would give his comments?

    GFM GToeroe

    "LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1115910316.925439.174520@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Heres an interesting thing,
    >
    > I have my friendly codes set to a lower case string of 3 letters. On my
    > ships, wings and bases.
    > Now a NAP race has visited my base and my fighters and ships blew him
    > up-captured him luckily??? He had the same friendly code set...The
    > captured ship has the friendly code set on it to the same as my base
    > and ships.
    >
    > Any ideas, on attack options counter manding friendly codes...I did
    > have attack all enemy ships on.
    > But my base fighters also attacked and they have no such available
    > setting.
    >
    > This is kinda troubling....
    >
    > Cheers.
    > ps. His ships shot back as well.

    Slight question....is there a base command code to stop fighters
    launching??

    Cheers.
    ps. Thanx for the info...I just gotta figure out what UFC is. Do you
    mean the ship command codes???

    Ok, as you asked nicely :)

    Quote from a conversation from september 04 with the latest host at the
    time, so I don´t know if everything still holds true:

    Ok.
    I can now confirm:

    Ship A: UA Hunter Killer
    Ship B: COM Taurus

    Ship A with COM UFC, Attack all enemy ships ON
    Ship B, Attack all enemy ships ON
    -->Battle

    Ship A with COM UFC, Attack all enemy ships OFF
    Ship B, Attack all enemy ships ON
    --> No battle

    Ship A with COM UFC, Attack all enemy ships ON
    Ship B with UA UFC, Attack all enemy ships ON
    --> No battle

    Ship A with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships ON
    Ship B with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships ON
    --> Battle

    Ship A with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships OFF
    Ship B with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships ON
    --> Battle

    Ship A with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships ON
    Ship B with F-Code AAA, Attack all enemy ships OFF
    --> Battle

    So it seems, the only way to avoid combat between non-allied ships is for
    one side to use the others UFC and to deactivate the "attack all enemy
    ships" button
    OR
    to have both sides use the others UFC.

    Matching F-Codes will not help in any way

    COM Base with UA UFC and UA HK-Cruiser with COM UFC --> Battle
    COM Wing with UA UFC and UA HK-Cruiser with COM UFC --> Battle
    COM Supply Pod, UA HK-Cruiser with COM UFC --> Battle
    COM Base with UA UFC and 50 In-Base-Vipers, UA HK-Cruiser with COM UFC -->
    Battle

    In all simming, both, UA and COM had the other race set as enemy in the ally
    settings and ship/wing was set to attack enemy

    Conclusion:

    Bases will fight, unless the intruding ships are set to not fire at ground
    targets
    If bases are armed (i.e. have fighters (haven´t tried with Ion-Cannons)),
    they will fight even then. Only if the attacker has his ship set to
    flee/normal AND Fire at ground targets off, the Home Guards will not
    initiate combat
    Pods are dead meat IF attack soft is on
    Wings will fight, no matter what, except all attack settings are off

    Ralph

    "Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> schrieb
    > If no wings are involved and players are set to enemies in ally menue then
    > this rules should hold:
    >
    > When all ships are set to "Normal" no combat should occur.
    > When ships are set to "attack" then UFCs of the other as FC should prevent
    > fights.
    > New built ship leaves the docks with attack ships and ground structures.
    >
    > If I remember right the UFC of the other on your ships prevents your ships
    > from being attacked by ships of the other if the other
    > has set his ships to "attack".
    >
    > Ralph Hönig once has simmed it in detail so maybe he would give his
    > comments?
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    "LeeSMaz" <LeeSMaz1@hotmail.com> schrieb

    > Slight question....is there a base command code to stop fighters
    > launching??

    Not that I know of

    > Cheers.
    > ps. Thanx for the info...I just gotta figure out what UFC is. Do you
    > mean the ship command codes???

    Universal Friendly Code, which is shown in HQ --> ID.
    This is, basicly, your (or your enemies) IFF transponder code. If you use
    the enemies UFC as friendly code of your ships, you can move safely through
    his minefields, will not be auto-intercepted and can avoid combat (if all
    other settings are right)

    Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Games Video Games