No audio Asus Maximus IV GENE-z/Gen3 Please help!

nick_atnite

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Just finished building new system and can't get a burp of audio. Tried everything I knew to try. Would really love to get machine going tonight. Just have two speakers and a sub. One lime green plug plugged into back where MB manual says to plug it (color coded lime green).

Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
I5 2500K 3.3Ghz
EVGA GTX 570
8GB Corsair Vengeance
60GB Corsair SSD
500GB WD HDD
Win7
Cooler Master Silencio 550 case

Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

kishow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
"Tried everything i knew to try." Please be a little more detailed in what has been done and what hasn't otherwise you leave us guessing.

Don't know your level of expertise so did you go to http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_GENEZ/#download and get the Realtek Audio Driver V for Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit 7.(WHQL).

Also the same page should have the most recent bios and the bios flash instructions.

nick_atnite

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Gentleman,

Thanks for your help. I didn't write everything as it would have taken me a while :ange: after having worked for the last four hours trying things... Just found the problem though - I have a bad power cord on my speaker system. As I was checking connections for the umpteenth time, I bumped the power cord and sound exploded. Wiggling the cord by the plug turns it on and off. Thanks again!