willy2558

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hi, Im thinking about getting a LGA 1155 mobo with I5 2500k, then going to ivy bridge, but will my memroy work from the other motherboard? Its a set of 3 put if i just use 2 will it work with my new motherboard? The memory is KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX.
Thanks

Solution
Triple channel ram will usually work on double channel motherboards if their otherwise compatible, you can even use three sticks. Look in your manual it should show you where/how to install three dimm's of ram.

Also Ivy bridge may not be that big of an improvement over sandy bridge, only thing I've heard is Intel HD4000 graphics which isn't an upgrade if your using a discrete video card anyways. If your looking to buy now go with the sandy bridge i5

Thats my opinion
Yes, your memory will be fine. but uh if your going to run ivy bridge off the same mobo. your gonna have compatibility problems cause they are different sockets. But yes your memory will work on that board. Some times even tho your kit or even a stick on your kit may be compatible in the manual it still works. I have 2 sticks of 4GB on my board of Hyper X to and i like the memory thinking of getting another 8 gig kit (all 1600) so i can atleast up to 16 gigs

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Triple channel ram will usually work on double channel motherboards if their otherwise compatible, you can even use three sticks. Look in your manual it should show you where/how to install three dimm's of ram.

Also Ivy bridge may not be that big of an improvement over sandy bridge, only thing I've heard is Intel HD4000 graphics which isn't an upgrade if your using a discrete video card anyways. If your looking to buy now go with the sandy bridge i5

Thats my opinion

Solution

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
i agree thats why im consisting my first build with a i5 2500k lol oh boy pci 3.0 when they make major improvements on it i might upgrade but from what ives seen its only suposed to be like a 2% increase in power out of the cards

TRENDING THREADS