Sign in with
Your question

??games keep scrambling colours but it still plays??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 22, 2010 3:11:32 PM

hi just built a new computer and its my first one. i have put 3 games on it so far and they keep scrambling!! the picture sought of looks like it was taken in a negative shot, it still plays and nothing locks up is it a setting problem etc. i have download new drivers and this hasn't done the trick! i didnt read sumwhere the graphics card is holding back the the memory for its self????? please could some one help im new at this.

cheers richard

Antec TruePower New 650W Modular PSU

Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB GDDR5 OC Edition Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics

Asus M4A79XTD EVO 790X Socket AM3 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz

Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Blu Memory Kit

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache

games so far warhammer mark of chaos
warhammer 40.000 2
haux 2
December 22, 2010 4:32:03 PM

You've either got a bad port on the card or a bad cable. Try the other DVI port, if that works, replace the card (if you don't feel comfortable using the other port with a bad one to spare). If the other port doesn't work, replace the cable. If neither works, RMA the graphics card.
December 22, 2010 4:46:34 PM

Psychoteddy said:
You've either got a bad port on the card or a bad cable. Try the other DVI port, if that works, replace the card (if you don't feel comfortable using the other port with a bad one to spare). If the other port doesn't work, replace the cable. If neither works, RMA the graphics card.

im a using the hdmi socket to a plug and play samsung tv. and what is RMA the grahics card? sorry for asking but i will search. thanks for the reply
Related resources
December 22, 2010 4:47:59 PM

im am using windows xp.
December 22, 2010 4:51:47 PM

richard12345 said:
im a using the hdmi socket to a plug and play samsung tv. and what is RMA the grahics card? sorry for asking but i will search. thanks for the reply

I would then try a new HDMI cable if possible. Can you try a different port on the TV?

RMA Means "Return Merchandise Authorization", which is a fancy way of saying warranty replacement. :p 
December 22, 2010 4:58:48 PM

Psychoteddy said:
I would then try a new HDMI cable if possible. Can you try a different port on the TV?

RMA Means "Return Merchandise Authorization", which is a fancy way of saying warranty replacement. :p 

the tv has 3 ports i am using the cable which came with the tv. i just finished the build the other day and everything has gone spot on till that happened in the games it always happens at the same point in each games. do u think it could be a setting problem if it not the cable etc?. yeh i just checked the rma thing cheers.
a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2010 5:05:49 PM

After you try a new HDMI cable, try hooking it to a regular PC monitor see if that fixes the issue. If not try removing the graphics cards and reseating it. If that doesnt work contact the company who made the graphics card for a replacement.
December 22, 2010 5:06:20 PM

richard12345 said:
the tv has 3 ports i am using the cable which came with the tv. i just finished the build the other day and everything has gone spot on till that happened in the games it always happens at the same point in each games. do u think it could be a setting problem if it not the cable etc?. yeh i just checked the rma thing cheers.

I'm not aware of any setting outside of color quality in your display settings that would mimic this problem is misconfigured. You may want to try setting your display color settings up to their highest supported level to see if that fixes the problem. To do this:

1.) Go out to your desktop
2.) Right click on any open space
3.) Properties (or display settings if you're on Win7)
4.) Color Bit Depth (32 bit)
5.) Apply/Save Settings

December 22, 2010 5:19:29 PM

Snipergod87 said:
After you try a new HDMI cable, try hooking it to a regular PC monitor see if that fixes the issue. If not try removing the graphics cards and reseating it. If that doesnt work contact the company who made the graphics card for a replacement.

thanks for the reply im gunna try the other cable which is a 24k hdmi to mini. so ill prob be back on here if it does not work.
December 22, 2010 5:21:02 PM

Psychoteddy said:
I'm not aware of any setting outside of color quality in your display settings that would mimic this problem is misconfigured. You may want to try setting your display color settings up to their highest supported level to see if that fixes the problem. To do this:

1.) Go out to your desktop
2.) Right click on any open space
3.) Properties (or display settings if you're on Win7)
4.) Color Bit Depth (32 bit)
5.) Apply/Save Settings

just checked yeh its at 32-bit which is the hightest. im guna try new cable b back soon thanks for replys
!