ASUS BIOS updater problems

Hello,
I'm trying to update the BIOS on my ASUS MB. Unfortunately, the nifty little updater program that came on the CD won't install. It claims it doesn't see an ASUS MB, but it's there. I bought this board and chip in 2006, so I think it's about time for an update.
13 answers Last reply
More about asus bios updater problems
  1. What is your mobo?
  2. It is an m2npv-vm.

EDIT: Oh, and I did find the updater program installed on an older drive, but when I tried to run it, it still claimed that it did not detect an ASUS BIOS.
  3. OK, what's your OS and what version did u tried?

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NPVVM/#download
  4. I have Win XP. Do you mean the version of the update? That would be 5005, because I figured it was the latest one. I was able to download it, of course, but I don't see how to install it.
  5. OK, is there any problem with your system now?

Updating BIOS could cost u more problems than its worth.
  6. If everything works fine, the BIOS is actually one thing that does not have to be updated, if u have no problems with your HW.
  7. Well the system is fine, but I wanted to upgrade the cpu.
  8. Heather_79 said:
    Well the system is fine, but I wanted to upgrade the cpu.

OK, that u should do : )

What updater are u trying?
    BIOS-Utilities
    Version 1.32?
  9. just the one that came on the cd, which is version 7.5.0.1
  10. Tried a few different versions of the updater, basically no matter which one I choose, it tells me that I don't have an ASUS motherboard.
  11. Update it through the internet. Its on page 2-3.
  12. That would require that the update utility ACTUALLY WORKS. Never mind.
  13. Heather_79 said:
    That would require that the update utility ACTUALLY WORKS. Never mind.

This is typical of Asus sloppiness. On several occasions I tried to update the Bios, prompted by an email notification from Asus. But after adding my system details the Asus window informed that it did not recognise the details, even though they were previously registered with them. They like to brag how good they are, but when it comes to the crunch they are like Zombies on another planet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Motherboards