Solved

New Build Complete

Hey Folks,

My first build was about 6 years ago and of
course, things are way different now.

This is my second build:

CPU: Intel i5 - 2500K 3.3 g
RAM: 2 X 4 gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
MB: Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
GPU: XFX GTS-250
OS: Windows 7 - 64 bit
SSD: OCZ Agility 90 gb
HD: Seagate 1 TB
PSU: Diablotek.com 600 watt
CASE: Cool Master

With this system, i got my boot time down to 17.5 seconds
Windows Experience Index of 7.0


Got any other tips short of overclocking CPU and RAM
(which I'll do one day) to speed this thing up?

I know I still got alot to learn... THANKS!~
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build complete
  1. Best answer
    Nice. Wait until you get an aftermarket HSF to OC the CPU. Don't OC the RAM. Next should be a new video card.
  2. mosox said:
    Nice. Wait until you get an aftermarket HSF to OC the CPU. Don't OC the RAM. Next should be a new video card.


    Thanks Mosox,

    I got the 1155 socket to keep my options open in the future.

    and you're right on both counts:
    cooling is the next concern
    and the GPU is just OK, nothing special

    You think bumping the RAM up to 16 gigs would make that
    much difference? I'm reading here that it wouldn't...(?)
  3. 8GB is fine. If you're gaming on a full HD monitor the video card is the weakest link. The CPU is very fast as it is.
  4. A better PSU also would not hurt. Diablo-tek's are about one step above junk.
  5. jsc said:
    A better PSU also would not hurt. Diablo-tek's are about one step above junk.


    yup, it was thrown into the deal, so i'm using it for now. but it's junk, for sure!
  6. mosox said:
    8GB is fine. If you're gaming on a full HD monitor the video card is the weakest link. The CPU is very fast as it is.



    Acer 22" widescreen LCD monitor tops it off, so not too bad there...
  7. Best answer selected by vic108.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components