Closed Solved

Will kingston 8 gb hyper x genesis work goog with AMD build?

Hello, i just bought this ram :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104239

and i was wondering if it go good with and AMD build

specs:
CPU: phenom x4 960t BE
MOBO: Asrock extreme 3
RAM: kingston hyperX genesis 8 gb
GPU:Saphire Radeon 6870
PSU:Coolmax 500w (upgrading that later on)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will kingston hyper genesis work goog build
  1. They do not list it on either web site, but it is similar to other modules so I would say yes. It should definitely work well with ASUS or Gigabyte boards.
  2. of course it works fine.
  3. Which Asrock Extreme 3, I believe there's about a dozen in different sockets.
  4. geekapproved said:
    Which Asrock Extreme 3, I believe there's about a dozen in different sockets.

Newegg list 2 for AMD. A 970 and a 990FX. Same difference on the ram. Kingston is pretty neutral and is on most approved lists. Even if a specific model is not listed, that usually means it is new or too similar to existing ram to bother testing.
  5. Best answer
    The KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX Kit should work, but you'll need the latest BIOS -- 4GB/stick often requires the latest BIOS. Next, in order to 'run' DDR3-1600 you'll need to OC the FSB -> 240MHz (one of 3 methods) otherwise the system will be unstable running at the Rated 'SPD'. By default the RAM will run DDR3-1333 @ 1.50v.
  6. 4GB dimm's require the latest bios? lol
  7. ^ latest BIOS -- 4GB/stick often requires the latest BIOS ; operative word 'often'.

There's too many 4GB/stick ; old BIOS = Failure and updated BIOS = Success! Especially, I suggest this ANYTIME I see AMD.
  8. Best answer selected by ginocream.
  9. jaquith said:
    The KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX Kit should work, but you'll need the latest BIOS -- 4GB/stick often requires the latest BIOS. Next, in order to 'run' DDR3-1600 you'll need to OC the FSB -> 240MHz (one of 3 methods) otherwise the system will be unstable running at the Rated 'SPD'. By default the RAM will run DDR3-1333 @ 1.50v.

what are the other 2 methods?
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM AMD Kingston Product