Which of these AMD chipsets are better?

Solution

The chipsets only matter in terms of features (unless one is known for being buggy). I would snag the MSI, based on the comments above.
How much are you looking to Spend, if you want to Avoid ASUS like these people said (Even tho i have used nothing but ASUS Mobo's and one of there video cards and no issues YET) your gonna have to count ASRock off your list to cause they are basically the same company and Parts. If your gonna cross out ASUS and ASRock, I'd only recommend MSI and Gigabyte thats it, I still would give ASUS a shot..

opqpop

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Sorry I forgot to mention a lot of things I've decided since my first post.

- I don't plan on upgrading, so I don't need AM3+
- I won't be overclocking
- I need microATX
- I don't need USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0
- I'm looking to spend as cheap as possible to have it satisfy my needs of playing Diablo 3 at minimum settings. From the research I've done so far, I'm under the belief I need AM3, 4000 MT/s because apparently higher MT/s aren't effective unless I have AM3+.

I've noticed nobody has addressed the chipset comparison. Is that something not important?

Dec 2, 2011

The chipsets only matter in terms of features (unless one is known for being buggy). I would snag the MSI, based on the comments above.

Solution
Unless you're using the onboard video or unlocking cores (then the sb750 or 710 is of interests) the difference in the chipsets themselves isn't important to you. In your position then I guess I'd say go with the ASRock 880GM-LE. In case you didn't notice the ASRock A785GM-LE you picked is an AM2+ board (Am3 compatible) that uses DDR2 memory, which is more expensive at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.