RAM: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 XMS3 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68-UD4-B3
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 HD
HDD: 2x Seagate 1 TB 5200rpm
Cooling: 4x 120mm 1x 200mm
Heatsink Thermaltake Frio
Case: Thermaltake Armor A90
PSU: Ultra LSP750 750-Watt

That being said all parts except the cpu and motherboard existed in previous build with AMD X6 1055T at the core. Now to the details... I have tested everything and stressed everything to its max pretty much trying to isolate the problem but it never seems to fail under any stress test, quite the opposite. Also the ram passes the latest memtest 100%. But during game play, say battlefield: bad company 2 it will BSOD after about 10-20mins and return 0124 error "Uncorrectable hardware error". Not sure what is causing this, i do not want to have RMA the board or cpu because i believe from stress test alone they are fine. I have read reviews that certain memory speeds/timing are not compatible or finicky with the sandy bridge, i have lowered the timing and speed to suggest by the board manuf for the ram, still no go. Do you suggest purchasing one of the QVL ram setups suggest by Gigabyte? Or what do y'all think the problem could be? On another note it still persists with BSOD even if the cpu isn't overclocked.

If temps are a concern, during stress test the cpu max at about 56 Celsius even lower during game play. Gpu temps under stress max about 70 celcius even lower during game play 38 Celsius. Cooling is not an issue.

Thank you for all your help!

bearclaw99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
I haven't heard about those RAM issues you mention. What I HAVE heard though is that Sandy is much better off with RAM that is 1.5 volts, not 1.65v like yours is

Not sure if that's your problem, but worth looking into. I have an i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz w/ 8 GB GSkill DDR3 1600 mhz (1.5v) and it runs fine

TRENDING THREADS