Sign in with
Your question

What could be the problem?

Last response: in CPUs
May 26, 2011 2:48:14 PM

Ok well lately my computer has been acting funny first it was "a new cpu has been inserted into your system" upon post so i tried reseting the cmos didn't do anything. then i tried updating my bios still no. so i couldn't overclock my cpu. now it won't boot in dual channel. when i put 2 sticks in slot 1&2 the back fan led starts flickering, i have tested both sticks they both work just not in dual channel. now it won't boot at all whether or not it's in dual channel or single channel and the back fan led is flickering there was no beeps or anything at all coming from the computer.

my system specs are.
cpu: amd 1055t
ram:2x2gb g.skill ripjaw ddr3
motherboard: asus m4a785td-v evo
psu: ocz 700w bronze
gpu: ati radeon 5850 xfx zafc

i really would appreciate any help.

More about : problem

May 26, 2011 3:06:59 PM

If the fan LED is flickering, then is your PSU. I had the same problem where my LEDs flicker. I replaced the PSU and problem solved. Your PSU might be failing under load.
m
l
a c 900 à CPUs
May 26, 2011 3:11:49 PM

Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/download.html on your ram individually if they pass you can try slight over voltage on your ram, in 0.05 increments max 0.2volts over std. Some ram manufacturers recommend slight over voltage on their ram for dual channel in AMD systems. If that does not help it is between the CPU or motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
May 26, 2011 3:15:11 PM

I wouldn't really overvolt because the "a new cpu has been inserted into your system" problem won't let me make changes inside the bios, i have to load up on system defaults. but i can't get any video or anything to display. so i can't run memtest either. i'll try to search for my old 300w powersupply and hook that up to the motherboard and see if it works.
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
May 27, 2011 2:20:40 AM

Your old 300 watt PSU is probably not powerful enough.
m
l
May 27, 2011 11:03:21 AM

He should be fine as long as he use it just to test and not play video games or anything that requires a lot of power.
m
l
May 27, 2011 10:11:39 PM

ok i tested the motherboard and used the 300w and still nothing. won't boot or do anything besides the board will power up. the 300w should have been enough just for the motherboard nothhing else. do you think that it could be static electricity running through the board? i let it sit over night i'll throw it together in a couple hours
m
l
!