Sign in with
Your question

Issues With Nvidia GeForce 8600 Series

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2010 3:21:49 AM

I have an HP Pavilion DV9700 with an Nvidia GeForce 86000 Series graphics card in it. Everything was working fine until last night.

Last night I had been playing a game for some time and decided to play a different game. I opened up the game and played for about 10 minutes and my screen would occasionally go black and the display was getting really screwy (numbers on the screen, etc). I wrote it off to be something wrong with the game and just went to bed.

Today I got up and started playing the game that I was playing BEFORE switching to the game I had issues with. I played for about 5 minutes and my screen went black and came back on a few seconds later. I then got an error message saying something to the effect of:

"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 260.99 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

So I assumed ''Successfully recovered'' meant... that it successfully recovered. Wrong. I opened the game again, played for about 5 minutes, same thing happened again. So I uninstalled my graphics card drivers and reinstalled them. Still doing the same thing.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or has anyone ever had a similar issue and resolved it? Any help at this point would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Emily
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2010 3:47:29 AM

Try reinstalling the Driver.
m
l
December 23, 2010 3:52:29 AM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card driver half a dozen times. =(
m
l
!