Good CPU to complement 560 ti?

BDster

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I am building a new rig. What would be a CPU that will complement a 560 ti and not be too strong or weak for it?

I am thinking a Phenom II x4 or I5 2500k.

All I am really going to do with it that will tax the system is gaming. Price doesnt matter too much, as long as it is near the 100-200 range.

Right now for gaming it is almost impossible to be the performance that you get form the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K. Matching the Intel Core i5-2500K with a good board like a P67 or a good Z68 will set you well up in your computer needs for years to come. Don’t forget to get a good HSF (heatsink/fan) if you are going to overclock the Intel Core i5-2500K.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

cuecuemore

Distinguished
If you plan go with future SLI, then, the i5-2500k is the way to go. If you only want one GPU, then, the i5-2500k still is the best option

This...

...and

Right now for gaming it is almost impossible to be the performance that you get form the Intel® Core™ i5-2500K. Matching the Intel Core i5-2500K with a good board like a P67 or a good Z68 will set you well up in your computer needs for years to come. Don’t forget to get a good HSF (heatsink/fan) if you are going to overclock the Intel Core i5-2500K.

This. He's not biased, just right :)

wrazor

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
If you want a CPU that exactly compliments the 560ti? Get the i3 2100 for just 125$. It is the exact right balance.It will do great in gaming, it wont overclock though.Nor will it be good for sli future options. But yeah, just a suggestion. Another option, the 955X4 is also a great one from AMD. Good luck. the 2500k is the best. There is no doubt about that. But it costs 100$ more. Also, you wont see much difference with the GPU 560ti. To see true greatness of 2500k, you need atleast 570gtx or better. With the 560ti, any of these cpus will be in 98% performance range of eachother.

hardly a troll if hes an intel representative, thats his job :p

Yes it is my job to be the Intel’s representative to the enthusiast space. I work a number of forums doing the same thing there as I do here; simply looking to areas I can help with information or giving conformation that the components work together. I am not an engineer or a technical person but I am here to help as I can.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

wrazor

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
He asked what cpu will compliment well to the 560ti. I inferred it as a cpu which will not bottleneck the gpu, nor will be meant for 10 times better graphic card(he probably wont be upgrading his GPU soon). So, my answer is completely justified unless i stated something terribly wrong. So, the part where I implied,
{(i3 2100+560ti)\(i5 2500k)}*100=~97%,
is that where you got a problem? I am still wondering, how is that wrong? Try being a little more open minded with someone who doesnt share your exact opinion.