Biostar TA785G3 memory only runs at 1066, but should run at 1333

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebowski420ghz

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I have the Biostar TA785G3, with an Athlon II x4 640 (3.0ghz) and 4 gigs of dual channel ddr1333 memory. Why is the system only running at 1066??? I don't really see anything obvious in the bios to change this, but I believe all of these parts are supposed to run at 1333 without O.C.ing. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Solution
well good sir, anything above 1066, by JDEC, is overclocking. but since those chips are rated and tested to run at that speed, there is no problem. if you dont see it in the bios, you need to look harder my friend. it is there.

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
well good sir, anything above 1066, by JDEC, is overclocking. but since those chips are rated and tested to run at that speed, there is no problem. if you dont see it in the bios, you need to look harder my friend. it is there.

Solution
Just check the voltage for running your RAM at 1333MHz.... they're most probably in the 1.6V Range, you'll find that in the spec sheet of the exact make and model of your RAM sticks.
If that is the case, you can change the voltage in the BIOS to whatever the specified value for the RAM module is and you'll get them working at 1333MHz.
1066MHz is what the mobo picks by default so..... Just check the specs of the RAM modules and let us know.
If you can't find them, use CPUz from CPUID and check the SPD table.... it'll show you all the information you need to identify the voltages, timings and speeds allowed by those modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.