Time to update Grpahics Card

Hello I'm looking to buy a new Graphics Card since the one I have is on it's way out especially since the fan broke on it but I got over 2 and a half years out of it.
I roughly have a budget of £200 to buy one, I might be able to go over this if it's really a going to make a difference but I'd rather not.
The games I usually play are World of Warcraft Cata, CSS, Fallout3, Starcraft 2 and some others. I'd like the card to be able to play games coming out in the future as well and to be able to play the games I listed at max settings and future ones as well.

My current Pc specs are:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8500
(6M Cache, 3.16 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
ASUS P5KPL SE Motherboard
Radeon HD4870 512MB GDDR5
Corsair TX650W Power Supply
DDR PC2-6400 2X 2046MB
LG W2043 LCD Monitor 1600x900
Windows XP 64-bit Pro (I could buy the upgrade to Windows 7 if you think it's really needed)

Thanks for reading that and If you need anymore Info please do ask as you guys know alot more about upgrading properly than me:)
6 answers Last reply
More about time update grpahics card
  1. Is your current MB capable of supporting a 2nd 4870 in Crossfire?

two 4870s in CF might rival a single GTX570
  2. I don't think it ccan support crossfire :pfff:
    also would it really be worth hanging on for the GTX560 series which is meant to be coming out in january?
  3. GTX 560 is aimed to take on the HD 6950.Its just around the corner and is worth the wait IMO.
  4. definitely wait for the 560 to come out or get the 570/580 for more performance ( but get one that has a really good cooler on it since they can get kinda hot)
  5. Any idea how much the 560's will cost around? and any recommendations for other cards maybe?
  6. It should be in between 250-300$, but I'm not sure.If you're not going to wait the you can look for a HD 6870.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics