nvidia1

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
OK
My specs are
Intel Core i7-860
6GB DDR3 RAM
Single 1792mb gtx 260 superclocked

OK.Now the problem I have is related to shadows and object detail in just cause 2.Now whenever I turn shadows to high the game starts lagging on the grass.But even when I lower every other graphical detail to low and keep shadows high the game lags from 110fps to as low as 30 on the grass and when I come out its back to 110.The same is the case with object detail when I turn object detail to high and I turn Rico the game lags form 60 to 30 fps.When I rapidly turn my character again and get in the exact same position at the same area the fps is 60 again!These lags are ruining the experience of the game.Please what is the problem here?

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

>Single 1792mb gtx 260 superclocked
>problem
>lag
>high settings

Your problem is that you're running a single, older mid-range card. You're not going to be able to run everything on super high settings, esp not at high resolutions.

Try disabling AA or turning it down and see what happens.

The GTX 260 is by no means a super card.

nvidia1

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010

urm but my resolution is 1680X1050 and I am able to max out crysis warhead with everything at enthusiast and gamer shaders with 2xaa as also I am able to play metro 2033 in dx 10 high settings with AAA 40 fps.There is no way just cause 2 is more demanding than these games

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Demanding does not equal efficient. Some games have more efficient graphics engines than others. Only thing you can try is overclocking or updating GFX drivers.

Download EVGA precision and screenshot your GPU usage chart while running Just Cause 2 for a couple minutes in-game.

nvidia1

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
OK.I downloaded evga precision and monitored my gpu usage and temps.My gpu usage is between 80-90% while the maximum temp my gtx 260 reached in a fully loaded area was 80.But actually my problem is though I am getting 40 plus fps the game fps is uneven.One moment its 60 the next when I point towards some trees it becomes 40.Now in most games this wasn't noticeable but in this game it is.The players walking animation slows down and I get mouse lag even at 40 fps

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Trees are notorious for causing framerate drops in games. Why? Because some games like to render the hundreds of leaves individually, along with the shadows that are cast by each leaf. This takes an enormous amount of GPU power to do efficiently. Coupled with a console port with an inefficient graphics engine, you're stuck with crappy framerates.

An average GPU usage of 80-90% puts you well within the range of framerate problems becoming an issue intermittently.

I and no one else in this forum are seeing anything else that would indicate a faulty piece of hardware, or bad drivers. Just an out-dated card trying to run current-gen games. It doesn't make you inferior, it doesn't make you less of a person, it's just an old graphics card. Either buy a new one or deal with the low framerates.