Weird Laptop trouble... help! :O

Darkithanime

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
YO! OK so my laptop a ways back (1 year ago) got blue screens (viruses) (vista go figure) all the time so i thought screw it, bought a new hard drive for space and windows 7 everything (didn't make a backup disk was still a noob then)

works great (still using it) but it cant play 3D games anymore not even Halo, or portal ( :O ) every time i try to open a game it says the Direct3d is disabled (i don't think that's the problem)

i tried updating all my drivers (chipset/monitor) but no improvement

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-NS325j

so is there anyway to fix it :(

PS: interesting note in Dxdiag 32bit says direct3d its off but 64bit says its on i have the 64 bit version :s

PSS: Starcraft and Diablo have never been funner XD

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Did you get the latest chipset drivers from intel.com? They have a handy utility that scans your computer for Intel based chips/drivers/yada yada and downloads EXACTLY what you need, instead of possible old or incomplete drivers from laptop manufacturers websites. The only other thing I can think is a year ago, maybe you only had DirectX9 and now it's updated to 10. The 4500MHD is DirectX 10 capable, but the performance is going to suffer (I don't know how it did on 9).

My oldest son has the exact same laptop and I know he has also had gaming related problems, but I don't know if that was before or after updating to Windows 7. He lives in Washington so I can't check his system unfortunately.

I also did a google search for "Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD direct3d disabled" and various other strings close to that and didn't find any huge red flags about incompatibility problems. Maybe you can redownload DirectX from Microsoft and see if that helps.

I'd download the chipset and VGA drivers first (and sound just to be safe) then move on to DirectX. Make sure all your Windows Updates are current also of course.

Darkithanime

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
ive updated everythin i even used driver genius and that still didnt help

new info though i install the High Res verison of duke nukem and when it starts it says "Unsupported OpenGL driver detected" then it puts the game back to the 2d instead of 3d graphics could this be the cause

ill install other games like Sins of a solar empire and dead space to see what i get

...we will figure this out I-)

Darkithanime

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
i installed a game that used to run perfectly before on this laptop Star Wars Republic Commando and it had an analyze your computer option and it said

"no 3D Hardware" i have directx 11 installed and i messed around with some of the OpenGl settings

any ideas