ASROCK Warranty for Second Owner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hi, I just called ASRock and spoke to a shaky guy who didn't really seem to know english very well or really know what he was talking about for that matter. He said he didn't think that if I bought one of their motherboards second hand (I'm getting the Z68 Professional for about~$100 off Craigslist new in the box) that I would not be able to use the warranty. Anyone have experience with this or know for a fact either way?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Oh and this is kinda urgent so please respond asap!
Matt

Solution

Yes, sometimes the deal is hard to resist : )

Just be careful, sometimes crooks tells you exactly that, and when u are on the way to meet them, they call u to meet them in the coffee shop instead, because of whatever reason.

Sometimes they need to sell when they need money for an emergency, that way it is good deal for u.

Make sure the photo is a match and ask them in the and to confirm the address from the DL or ID.

If they have to think about that, than u know ....

If it was not registered than u are OK.

If it was stolen(u would not know that) than it would not be under warranty anymore, if it would be reported.

Ask for the Driver licence # and phone # before the pay and write it down and have it signed as a bill of sale.

If a person decline, it could be hot!

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Awesome, thanks for the input. I'll definitely create a bill of sale with their info. I'm actually getting that and 2 radeon 6970s off a guy and meeting at his house so it seems pretty legit to me. $450 for the board and those cards is also a price you can't beat.

jp896

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I just purchased a ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PROFESSIONAL (B3) off of ebay for $45 it has a broken cpu slot pin, but Asrock will fix it for $50. It sounds like they will always replace it for a fee.

Yes, sometimes the deal is hard to resist : )

Just be careful, sometimes crooks tells you exactly that, and when u are on the way to meet them, they call u to meet them in the coffee shop instead, because of whatever reason.

Sometimes they need to sell when they need money for an emergency, that way it is good deal for u.

Make sure the photo is a match and ask them in the and to confirm the address from the DL or ID.

If they have to think about that, than u know ....

Solution

Yes, they will repair it, but if the serial # was reported stolen, they will not fix it.

Its in RMA fine print : )

WD, when I had to RMA one HDD, told me up front if it would be find stolen, they will not return the drive back to me.

What I am saying, is the worst scenario. Mostly its OK, unless the deal is to good.

Good luck!

Matt34533

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions! Everything went perfect. Met at his house, demoed the parts, it was the first time he had even used them(so he says but they do look spotless), got a bill of sale w/ drivers license number, signature ect. and was on my way. Will be setting my system up shortly. Thanks again for all the help!

Glad it went OK, better be careful than sorry : )

Status
Not open for further replies.